Nine:

"Move, move, move." Madame Pomfrey called as she pushed through the gathered crowd of staff around Lily's bed. "Babies don't deliver themselves." Madame Pomfrey smiled widely at Lily, then whipped around and pulled a curtain before the bed.

Complaints filled the room. "Potter, shush!" The nurse shouted. James instantly quit complaining, remembering school days of quidditch falls, mostly. Harry let out a yawn and dozed off against James' chest. Albus motioned for him to be laid down on a bed. James kissed Harry's forehead and placed him on the pillow. This was going to be a long night.

---

James was half asleep in a chair, waiting for his child to be born. He took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. It had to be at least 2 am.

He was practically sleeping, and a noise ruptured his silence. James sat up straight and eagerly put on his glasses to see Madame Pomfrey walking towards him. That noise was a cry.

James stepped behind the curtain to see Lily holding a bundle of blankets with a baby's face peeking out. "James," she whispered, "come look at our daughter." James' heart skipped a beat: daughter?! He had a daughter?! He came over to the bedside and cradled his beautiful daughter.

"What's her name?" Madame Pomfrey asked. James looked at Lily. "Well..." She began, "It's nearly 5 am, the break of dawn." James looked startled. 5 am?!

"Dawn? That's a beautiful name." James looked at Lily, who nodded in agreement. "Wake up Harry," Lily suggested, "so he can meet Dawn."

James tip toed out from behind the curtain and collected his son. "Harry," he whispered, "wake up." Harry woke up with a moan. "Come meet your new baby sister."

"Sister?" Harry was alert, "Girl?" James nodded and placed Harry's glasses on his face. "Your little sister is waiting for you." James made his way behind the curtain with Harry in his arms. "Harry," Lily exclaimed.

"Mummy?"

"Yes, Harry?"

"Is that sister?"

Lily grinned, "Yes. Harry this is Dawn, you're little sister." James placed Harry down in the bed next to his mother. "Hi, Dawn." "Harry, do you want to hold her?" James suggested picking up Dawn. He placed her in Harry's lap, then wrapped his arms around Harry where he was supporting the baby. "She loves me." Harry said. Lily laughed, "Of course. You are going to be a great big brother, aren't you?"

Harry's little face was filled with excitement, "I'm going to be the best."