Chapter 11

In my head Edward is played by Nathaniel Buzolic

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Murdoch sat back in the beach chair, he couldn't remember a time he had been this relaxed as the sun poured over his skin and the waves hummed soothingly in his ears. Hearing movement beside him he opened his eyes to see a grinning Gilles, his hair was wild and un brushed as he wore a lose fitting white shirt and black pants which had been rolled up to his knees. Murdoch noted the slight stubble appearing on the criminals face and admitted to himself he quite liked it.

"Enjoying yourself detective?" Gilles teasingly smiled as he leaned over Murdoch and gave him a kiss

"Immensely" Murdoch replied while holding Gillies arms to keep him in place. Just as the couple decided to heat up the kiss they heard a scoffing noise from the side lines

"Don't you two ever stop" Mina teased as she sat on the chair next to her brother, she had opted to wear a thin white shirt which stopped at her knees, Murdoch saw the shirt was far too long to be one of Gillies so he simply stared at his sister before deciding not to ask anything.

"Like you and Edward don't do this" Gillies teased catching Murdoch's interest, William looked over at his sister who smiled innocently and blushed lightly

"Who's Edward?" Murdoch questioned, he knew he was in no position to judge who Mina spent her time with, William even knew his sister was not innocent in the physical way, but she had kept her lovers to a minimum. William and Mina were the type of siblings to talk about their love lives without holding judgement which is why Murdoch went to his sister to talk about Gillies. However Murdoch still was very protective of his sister and didn't want her hurt.

"Mr right hand man" Gillies replied finally taking the seat to Murdoch's left side "good chap, and I must say I don't think I've ever see him so smitten before"

Mina rolled her eyes as William spoke "has he been a gentleman with you?"

Pouting she nodded "unfortunately, if I wanted a boring old sod I would have settled down by now probably bearing 2.1 children and denying the fact he was having an affair with a work colleague but I don't want that.

Gillies perhaps you can tell him I don't need gentlemen and to be the fun psychotic man I know he is"

William and James laughed. Gillies had sensed Mina had a dark side and as Murdoch and Gillies untangled themselves from the study after their recent love making Murdoch had explained to Gillies his sister was the cause of quite a few deaths to men and women and didn't feel sorrow for them or the families. She enjoyed killing people especially those who tried to hurt him. This information made Gillies like the young girl even more.

"Boss"

Speak of the devil, Edward walked towards the trio carrying the drinks across the cool sand. Sending a quick wink to Mina who smirked in reply he addressed the detective "Edward Barnes"

William shook his hand "pleasure, won't you join us"

"A much as I would love to I have business to attend to, do you need anything else boss?"

"No thank you Edward" Gillies replied sipping his drink which refreshed his palate as the ice tasted like lemon. Edward nodded to them before kissing Minas hand who sighed in frustration at his polite manners. Edward seemed to enjoy her reaction as he gave a confident smile before walking back into the house.