Chapter 14

This chapter is for jamesgillies23 who has been there since I posted this story, your're awesome xx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mina stroked her brother's forehead as he lay on his couch at station house 4. Her heart was filled with sorrow as she realized now not only would she be losing a friend she would be losing her brother.

"William"

Mina looked up to see Julia standing there, her face in shock as she gazed down "what happened to him" Julia sat beside Mina while stroking his cheek. This wasn't a good day for Mina to be around people she couldn't stand to see so she would give Julia a chance and walk away before she would do something which she had wanted to do ever since she saw her.

"Dr Ogden, perhaps it's best you leave"

Julia looked to the young woman and was astounded by her mouth, how she could be so bold and ask her to leave "I need to be here for him"

Mina was beginning to lose her patience and grabbed the Dr by her arm, Julia yelped as she was roughly shoved out of the office. She caught sight of a few constable watching the exchange but did nothing to prevent it "my brother doesn't need you for anything; he is not your back up plan you can use just because no other man will have someone like you. You have brought nothing but pain and trouble to my brother since the moment you met, I see the way you use his emotions against him to bend him to your will and it's not going to work anymore, William is far too much of a gentleman to tell you this but I assure you Will doesn't love you anymore, his heart belongs to another and I am proud and relieved to say it isn't you"

Mina had gathered a crowd, Brackenreid, George and Emily stood closer to the two women just in case fists were exchanged. Standing up straighter Julia replied "well if that's the case I would like to hear it from him"

Mina turned as she heard shuffling behind her, her brother leaned against the door as he looked at Julia. His face was completely distraught and he seemed to choke back tears "My sister is right Julia, I don't love you anymore, and now that this business with Gillies is over" his voice cracked "I'll be leaving Toronto"

"But sir" Crabtree intervened, not baring the thought of not watching Murdoch work every day "you can't just leave"

"I've already handed in my notice George" William picked up his hat and seemed to stumble towards Mina and lean against her. She stroked her hand up and down his arm in comfort

"But why William" Julia begged "what changed? Your sister informs me your heart belongs to another"

Murdoch chuckled, it was the kind of chuckle you would hear of someone was waking up from a deep sleep "yes"

Mina watched as the Dr heart broke in front of her, she had to admit she was pleased to see her brother finally standing up to her

"Well who is she, she can't possible give you everything I can"

"Dr" Brackenreid tried to intervene but stopped as Julia waved her hand

"Tell me William"

Sighing William response caused Mina to smirk and laugh "he could have given me everything by just being there"

The entire station house grew silent as Mina helped him walk out "good day everyone"

--

Mina couldn't contain her laughter as she walked out of the stationhouse she looked up to her brother who despite grieving had a small smile on his face "I have to admit that felt good"