Chapter 4 : Not the Average Villain

The day had barely started, and already Mr. Morganson was packing his things. Occasionally he would drop the suitcase down the stairs all while yelling an impressive string of curse words. Once he had gotten the last of his things down stairs he began to haul them into his truck. The phone rang half way through his scurry, and he quickly reached for the phone. He shakily brought it to his ear.

      "Y-yes? Who is this?"

      There was a pause before a soft voice sounded on the other side.

      "Hey dad, it's me, Alice. I know that this is a  little unexpected, but the police told me what happened to Sarah so I thought I would come over to visit for a bit. I know how hard it was for you after the divorce, and I can't even imagine right now, but I really think that we should just be there for each other. Even if it's for a little bit."

      Mr. Morganson set down the suitcase he was hauling, and walked over to the couch.

      "Oh. Thank you for worrying about me. I'm really proud of you for that, and Well that sounds like an amazing idea Alice, but that may not be the best choice right now baby girl, I'm a little occupied at the moment."

      Before Mr. Morganson could do anything there was a loud knock on his door. His face paled as he saw the hooded figure that was standing at the other side.

      "I-I have to go now sweetheart. I know that it was a short talk, and it was wonderful. Still, I really appreciate you looking out for me, but I have to go now. So I'll see you soon"

     "Dad? What's wrong?"

     Mr. Morganson stood up, and began to walk away from the door slowly. He nearly tripped over the suitcase that he had left lying on the floor as he made his way closer to the fire place.

    "Oh. N-nothing's wrong baby girl, I just remembered that I'm late for something."

     All time seemed to stop in that one moment that the door opened slowly. The hooded figure walked in with cat like grace, and faced Mr. Morganson. The silence that engulfed them was almost thick enough to drown in.

    "Well what are you late for, dad?"

     Mr. Morganson backed away from the entrance in a feeble attempt to put distance between him, and the intruder. The hooded figure closed the door behind him, but made no movements towards Mr. Morganson.

      "I promised I would go meet up with a friend. Baby girl, listen. I'm going to be gone for a while, and I'm going to take the truck so don't be surprised if it's not there."

       There was a disbelieving laugh on the other side of the phone followed by a short silence.

       "Alright love you, dad."

        Mr. Morganson smiled for a second.

      "I love you too, Alice."

      Mr. Morganson hung up, and looked back at the hooded figure.

      "I haven't done anything wrong. I did what your rules said. I followed all the codes that they put out for me, and I have been a loyal worker for ten years now."

     The figure took off it's black hood revealing golden eyes.

     "I know that Mr. Morganson, but recently you've become sloppy in your work as a supplier, and I'm afraid the system has asked me to make sure that doesn't happen again. You are, after all, the only one of the six units that knows all of our distribution sites. "