The girl who started a zombie apocalypse

-Current cover was made by the awesome @TheRealLutique -

This is my first story so I hope you like it. I might be slow to update but I will do it when ever I can . Please vote and comment to tell me what you think or if you have any ideas.

My name is Laura I'm 15 years old, I have long blond hair and brown eyes, I'm reasonably tall and I live in NZ.

This story is about my life and the box I found that would change the world forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was walking home from school one day while listening to music on my phone, when suddenly I tripped over something on the path. Luckily I managed put my hands out in time and didn't get too hurt, apart from a few scratches on my hands and knees.

I looked behind me to see what I had tripped over and there sitting right in the middle of the path was a rusty metal box, there was chipped off rust all over the ground as if the box had fallen off something.

I walked home this way every day after school and had never seen the box before, so I decided I might as well take it home and see what was inside.

The box was pretty heavy, but after a few quick rests on benches and other things I finally managed lift it and slowly carry it all the way home.

When I got home I hauled the box up to my room, I was an only child and my parents weren't home right now so I got to my room without being questioned, which was lucky, because this would look really weird to anyone who saw.

Everyone I saw on the street had raised thier eyebrows at me as I walked past, I guess it was understandable.

I put the box down, happy to not be lifting its weight anyore, and decided to remove the rust so I went to my dads workshop and got a chisel.

I took it back to my room and started to remove the rust so that I could open the box, the rust would break off in pieces so it took a long time to get enough of it off.

Little did I know that what was inside the box would change the world forever...

( A/N:what do you think? vote or comment and I will try to have a second chapter in the next 1 or 2 weeks. Please no hate. I will only update if I get more votes and comments.)