Chapter 12

Chapter 12

{Katrina}
I wake up with arms around me and look up to see a sleeping Luke. I wiggle out of his hold and stand beside his bed. I take a picture of him sleeping and keep it on my phone. I tip-toe out of his room and close the door on the way out. I walk downstairs to see Amanda, Kahlen, and Lilac getting ready to leave the house. I walk over to them and they wave at me. "Are the boys still asleep?" I ask and they nod their heads. "I'll leave a note." I say and grab a pen and a piece of paper. I press down on the kitchen countertop and write the following:

Dear 5SOS,
Sorry we had to leave. We had to go to work. You can swing by the restraunt or by our houses. See you guys later! Don't get into any trouble!
Love, the girls

I finish the note and tape it to the refrigerator to make sure that they see it. We leave the boys' house and go to mine. The girls had brought their work clothes because they thought that they had to work yesterday so we went to my house so that I could change. I run up to my room and grab my work clothes and jump into the shower. I finish in record breaking time and throw on a pair of black Converse. "Do we have time for breakfast?" Kahlen asks, but I shake my head. "You can eat during the work day! Now lets go!" I shout and we hop into my car and drive to work.

"Okay guys since the carnival is here I was thinking that we could have a carnival-themed resturant for the whole week." I say and everyone claps their hands. "Okay tell me your favorite carnival food or ride. Mine is the house of mirrors." I say and someone else say,"I love the funnel cake there!" I nod my head and lick my lips. "Great idea! Any more ideas?" I ask and hear some guy shout. "They have fried butter and fried apples! How about those?" I nod my head. "Yeah that's great any more?" I ask and Amanda walks over to me. "Remember the pizza we had last night? Maybe we could do something with that." She says and I give her a hug. "That's a great idea, Amanda!" I say and she blushes. "Okay people lets get to work!" I say and everyone starts to get prepared.

"Today we'll be having a theme for the menu. Since the carnival's in town this week that's what our menu will be based on." I say and nod to the crowd. "We encourage you to try our more bizarre items on the menu, and keep an open mind. Thank you and welcome to Grandma's Carnival!" I say into the camera and wait for Amanda to cut it off. "Are we done?" I ask and she nods. "Post it on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, every social media app." I say and she nods. "I'm on it." She says and I smile at her. "Thanks. Dinner service starts in five...four...three...two...one! Get ready people!" I say and Clary opens the door. "I need an order of the tri-tip tacos!" I shout and I get a "I'm on it!" from someone and I shout a"Thank you!".

After dinner service Amanda, Kahlen, Lilac, and I walk out of the restraunt and come face to face with four boys. "Hey guys!" We say and hug them. "Hey dandelion!" Luke says and kisses me on the top of my head. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask and Luke gives me a smile and wiggles his eyebrows. "We have a surprise for you girls." He says and winks. "Go back home and get dressed. We'll come with you and meet at our house before we leave." Calum says and the girls follow their boyfriends back to their cars except for me. "I'm taking my own car." I say and Luke laughs. "Well then lets go." He says and I nod before I get in my car and drive to my house.

We get to my house and I walk inside. Luke follows me and locks the door behind him. "Do I need to dress formally, or does it not matter?" I ask halfway up the stairs. "You need to dress formally. I'm in a suit for crying out loud." He says and pulls off his jacket to reveal an all black suit. I stare at him for a few seconds before I run up the rest of the stairs. I take a quick shower and look through my closet. I settle on an all navy blue short dress with black high heels and an all black coat. I curl the ends of my hair and let it flow down my back. I put on a thin layer of red lipstick and that's it for my make up. I walk down the stairs and see Luke watching TV. "Is this formal enough for you?" I ask as he turns off the TV and turns around to look at me. "You look beautiful, Katrina." He says and I blush. "That's the first time that you've ever said my actual name, and thank you. You look good too." I say and he blushes too. "Shall we go?" He asks and reaches out a hand. I take it and smile. "Yes we shall." I say and we walk out of the door. We get in his car and we drive to his house.

We walk in and everyone's eyes land on me, including Luke's. "Katrina, you look beautiful." Lilac says and I blush. "Thank you. You girls you beautiful too, and the guys look really nice." I say and they smirk. "Thanks." They reply in unison and I smile. "Are we ready to go?" Ashton asks and we nod. We walk out of the house and a limousine pulls up in front of the house. I look at Luke and hit him on the arm. "Luke! What is all this?!" I ask and he smiles. "This is part of the surprise." He says and the rest of the girls stare at the limo. "Dating a famous person is awesome!" Lilac shouts and Michael hugs her from behind. "Hey I'm not just money!" He says in a mock hurt expression and the rest of us (including Lilac) laugh. Luke opens the door and the rest of us get in. I end up sitting beside Calum and Kahlen. "Will you please tell us where we're going?" Kahlen asks, but the boys shake their heads. "You know good 'ole childhood morals tells me that I should ALWAYS know where I'm going." I say and the boys laugh. "Just trust us okay? We're only going to be here for a few more weeks, and we wanted to do something special for you girls. We haven't been this happy in a long time." Luke says and I smile. "Just relax and enjoy the ride." Calum says and I nod my head and do just as he asked and I enjoy the ride.