Chapter 10

Chapter 10

{Katrina}
I wake up and come face to chest. I try to move back to see who it is, but the person holds me tighter to the persons chest. "Um hello? Wake up!" I shout and the person lets me go. I look up and see that the person's Luke. Memories of last night come back to me as I sit up. "You sung me to sleep last night." I say as he sits up beside me. "Yeah. Is something wrong?" He asks me worriedly as he looks at me. I hug him around the neck and lay my head on shoulder. "No everything's perfect." I say and he hugs me back. I let go and get up from my bed. I hear my phone buzz and I pick it up. "Hello?" I ask the person on the other end of the line. "Hey Kat! What are you going to do today?" Lilac asks. "I'm going to work." I answer and she laughs. "We have a day off today! I'm going to hang out with Michael today! Bye!" She says and hangs up on me. "Who was that?" Luke asks as he hugs me from behind. "That was Lilac. She says that I have a day off today." I say and he gives me a weird smile. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask and he smiles wider. "What do you normally do on your days off?" Luke asks me and I shrug. "I work on new recipes, or try to cook new recipes. I even update some books on Wattpad." I say and he nods. "You are so lame." He says as he lets go of me, and I hit him in his stomach. "Not funny!" I shout as I walk downstairs to the kitchen, and he follows me. "I was only kidding!" He shouts and I roll my eyes. "I'm sorry dandelion!" He shouts and hugs me from behind. "Dandelion? Are you serious?" I ask and put my hands on his arms. "Yeah. I like that nickname. It suits you well, or I could call you love." He says and we walk to the refrigerator. "I think that they both work well." I say and pull out some milk. "What do you want for breakfast?" I ask and he's quite for a moment. "I want... some pancakes." He says and I nod. I pull out a carton of eggs then close the refrigerator. I walk over to the pantry and grab a bag of flour. I'm mixing the batter when I stop mixing and look at Luke. "Hem-Hem can you go and get my computer please?" I ask and he cringes at the name, but nods. "Sure where is it?" He asks as I heat up a pan. "It's under my pillow." I say and he nods and runs back up the stairs. I put three pancakes in the pan and wait for them to cook. When bubbles start to form in the pancake I flip them. Luke comes down with my computer and puts it in front of me. "Can you turn on my printer please?" I ask and he nods before he turns it on. I open my computer and start typing letters. (A/N You know those letter things on Instagram? You do. Okay then it's those letters.) "What arw you doing?" He asks and I stop typing. "It's a surprise for you." I say and take the pancakes out of the pan, and put them on a separate plate. "How many pancakes do you want?" I ask and he shrugs. "Until I can't eat anymore." He says and I nod.

I make about twenty pancakes and only eat five of them. Luke steals the rest of them before I can even finish mine. After we finish the pancakes Luke takes care of the dishes while I finish typing the letters and print them. I grab a few envelopes and put the letters in them before I lick them closed. I write what each one's for and put them in a huge yellow envelope. "Here you are." I say and hand the envelope to him. "What is this?" He asks and I smile. "Open it and find out." I say and he opens it and pulls letter after letter after letter. "I still don't know what these are." He says and I hold one up to his eyes. "Read it out loud." I say and he does. "If you ever get tired of being famous." He reads and I smile. "If you're ever feeling this open the letter and read it. These are for you after you leave Birmingham." I say and he smiles at me. "Thank you. This is really thoughtful." He says and I hug him. "No problem. I just thought that you would like this." I say and he hugs me back. "To make up for this amazing gift you have given me how about I take you somewhere fun?" He suggests and I nod my head. "Sure. Just let me go change." I say and run up the stairs and take a shower. I grab a pair of black jeans and a Plain White T's crop top with a pair of grey/gray Skechers. I walk back downstairs and Luke looks at me. "Do you all of your shirts have a band on them?" He asks and I smile and nod my head. "Pretty much. That's why I say 'If you like me then you must like my music." I say and he laughs. "We need to stop by my place if you don't mind." He says and we get in his car.

"You live here?!" I shout as I look at Luke's house, more like mansion. "Not by myself. The rest of the boys live here with me, and we're only renting for a month." He says and opens the door for me. "I'm going to go change then we can go." He says and I nod my head before he runs upstairs. I sit on the couch and turn on the TV. I'm watching Catfish: The TV Show when Amanda and Kahlen come walking down the stairs. "Hey girls! What are you doing here?" I ask and their faces turn red. "Well, things just got a little more complicated." Kahlen says under her breath and looks at me. "We went on a double date with Calum and Ashton last night and decided to stay with them." Amanda says and I nod. "Well would you like me to make you guys breakfast?" I ask and they nod. "I already made pancake this morning. How about waffles?" I ask and they nod. I walk over to the kitchen and start to make some waffles. I pop out half a dozen waffles when Ashton and Calum walk into the living room. "Hey Kat! What are you doing here?" Ashton asks and they take two waffles each. "I'm waiting for Luke. We're going to the carnival today." I say and eat a waffle of my own. "Wait the carnival's today? I love the carnival!" Amanda says and looks at Ashton. "Can we please go?!" She asks and he nods his head. "Of course we can go!" He says and Calum looks at Kahlen. "Want to go too?" He asks and Kahlen nods. Luke comes down the stairs and looks at me. "You're making waffles?" He asks and I shrug my head. "I love waffles and chocolate, and my friends were hungry." I say and ge grabs a waffle. "So what do you want to do today?" He asks and I look at my friends. "Actually I was thinking that we could go to the carnival. My parents and I used to go all the time." I say and he nods his head. "Finally you want to do something that's actually fun!" He says excitedly and takes my hand. "Bye guys and girls! See you there!" Luke shouts as we get into the car and drive to the carnival.