1

I jumped to the sound of my alarm. 9am. I can't believe it's finally time. The bmth concert is today! I got out of bed and walked through the living room to the kitchen seeing my mom sitting on the couch watching the news. "Morning ma" I said from the kitchen. "Morning sweetie, you excited?" She asked from the living room, curled up in a blanket with a coffee. "Can't wait" Me and my mom have always been really close since my dad died before I was born, so we really just had each other. I was an only child. She was my best friend. My only friend actually. We still live together, not because I'm to lazy to get a job or anything, it's just after my abusive ex, I moved in with her. Plus we just kinda have a relationship like that, like we're more of best friends relationship than a mother/daughter relationship. I'm 26, I have a good job, if I wanted to move out I could, but we like living together. We split all the bills and stuff. I work from home doing doing insurance. My mom works as receptionist at a dentist. I'm actually pretty sure I make more money than her. I made myself coffee. While it was brewing I tapped my fingers in the counter to the song "diamonds aren't forever" by bring me the horizon while humming it in my head. I can't wait for this concert. It doesn't start til 5, but I live in Albany New York, which is about 4 hours from New York City, where they're performing, which means I want to leave around 11, in case there's bad traffic I have about two hours to spare, plus I'd like to get there alittle early. I have two hours to get ready. When my coffee's done I sip it while i go pick out my clothes. I decide on a bring me the horizon band tee, a red and black flannel, black ripped skinny jeans, and my black high top vans. I already showered last night, so I don't have to do that today. I straighten my hair and do my makeup. I don't wear to much makeup, just foundation, eyeliner, and mascara. I usually don't do eyeshadow, but today's a big day so I decide to do a smokey eye look. By the time I'm done it's exactly 10:56am. Perfect. I grab the the rest of my coffee, my bag of clothes and my phone and head for the door. "Bye mom, see you tomarrow" I say glancing back. "Bye Iris, text me when it's over, I wanna know all the details" my mom says with a smile. "I'll text you after I check into my hotel." I say and walk out the door. I decided I'd stay in a hotel for the night. And since I'm in New York City, id enjoy it and spend the next day touring the city. I get in my car and plug my phone into the radio transmitter and put it on shuffle. The first song that plays is "shadow moses". This is going to be something I'll never forget, I think to myself.