7

Iris's POV

As soon as we pulled into the hospital I jumped out of my seat and ran in. I jogged to the front desk. "Hi I was wondering what room my mom would be in?" I asked frantically. Matt soon caught up to me. "What's her name dear?" The nurse asked me with sympathy . "Mary Waters" I said quickly. "Uh- 213" she said. I said thanks before practically running to her room. I was about to walk in when a doctor stopped me. "I'm sorry ma'am, she's in critical condition and can't see anyone until we stabilize her" he said. "That's my mom! You better let me in!" I yelled at him. He seemed like such a jerk. "I'm sorry but-" Matt got up in his face "look mate, that's her fricking mom, let her in" he said through his teeth. The doctor sighed. "Okay okay. If she starts doing anything please press the button, you can only see her for a few minutes and then we'll need to boot you out. Okay?" He asked. I was thankful he agreed. I didn't even answer, I just bolted through the door to my mom. She looked terrible. Her face all cut up and bloody. Her body was filled with bruises. "Mom, oh my god please wake up!" I yelled. I started sobbing seeing her unconscious like this. Matt came up to me and hugged me. I walked over to the chair and sat down, holding my moms hand. Matt stood next to me and rubbed my back while I cried into my free hand. Then all of a sudden one of the machines we were hooked up to started beeping and going haywire. I looked up. "Mom?" Oh my god. What's happening? I started hyperventilating. "Mom?" Matt stood me up and pressed the button. I just stood there crying. I didn't even know what to do. All of a sudden the line on the machine went flat, and instead of beeping like crazy, it just went beeeeeeeep. I fell to my knees. "No, please don't leave me mom! You're all I have!" I screamed. Matt picked me up and all the doctors rushed in and bottled us out, just like he said they would. "NO!" I screamed while Matt carried me out. We sat against the wall next to the door. I felt sick to my stomach. I just laid in his lab and he kissed the top of my head. "You have me, Iris." He whispered. That barely helped. "Oh my god! Are you Matt Nicholls!?" Some teenage girl squaled. "Screw off, can't you see now isn't the time?" I growled. Her eyes went wide and she speed walked off. I kinda felt bad, I'm sure she didn't know. "Sorry" I said to Matt, he just looked down at me and whispered "it's okay, I'd say the same thing if I were you" I laid my head back down on him and tried to forget about everything. Then the doctor walked out, snapping me back to reality. "I'm sorry, we did evreything we could" he said lookin down at us with sympathy. "Can I go see her?" I asked. He nodded and opened the door for us. I walked in and started to silently cry. "I love you mom." I grabbed her hand. Matt wrapped his arms around me. "It's nice meeting you, mrs. waters" I smiled. Matt is the only person that could make me smile right now. "I'm sure she'd approve" I said to him, he smiled back. "I'll take care of her, I promise" he said to her. We stayed in there as long as we could until the doctors told us we had to leave. I squeezed her hand and let go. "Goodbye mom" I said. Matt grabbed my hand and we walked back to the car. "Iris, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked me, I looked over at him. "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend" he kissed me and asked, "would you like to go to your house?" I nodded. "So, what are we-" he interrupted me, already knowing what I was going to say. "You're going to come live in our tour bus, and then after that you can live with me." He said. "What about my job? My house?" He thought for a moment. "Well you said you worked from home? You can still do that on the bus. You don't even have to work anymore if you don't want, I have more money than I know what to do with, I could definitely support the both of us. And you can live with me, we just have to go you your house to get packed." he looked at me and smiled. "Okay, thank you so much" I said, I tried to return a smile but he could tell it was fake. "I love you" he whispered. "I love you too"