To The Hospital

Jyushimatsu ran down the street as fast as he could. The hospital was only a few miles away from home, but he felt like the longer he stayed away from Ichimatsu, the worse off his brother would be.

He was just about to run past the Cat Cafe when the owner, Kanola, stopped him.

"Jyushimatsu! Why are you in such a hurry? Why don't you come inside form some breakfast! You may try our newest batch of muffins if you'd like! It'll be free of charge!" she said, smiling sweetly.

Jyushimatsu panted, his mouth wide open. His stomach growled loudly, showing how hungry he was, but he refused to admit it.

"I have to go to the hospital!" he said between gasps for air.

"Why?" Kanola asked while she was writing in chalk on the "today's special board outside.

"Ichimatsu!" Jyushimatsu exclaimed anxiously.

"What did he do this time, Jyushimatsu? Is he okay?"

"No..." Jyushimatsu felt his eyes filling with tears again. "But he will be soon! I know he will be! Even though he didn't promise, I'm going to make sure he knows how much we all care about him!"

Konala smiled as she put the piece of chalk in her cafe apron pocket.

"Ichimatsu is so lucky to have such caring brothers, Jyushimatsu. Especially you. I can see why he enjoys being around you so much!" Kanola said, swinging open the glass cafe door.
"Wait right there. I'm going to get you something for Ichimatsu."

Jyushimatsu nodded his head, his mouth still wide open in a permanent smile.

Kanola quickly came back with a plastic bag filled with baked goodies and a cat carrier.

"Harvey never liked us anyways," Kanola laughed, handing Jyushimatsu the cat carrier. "When I saw how much Ichimatsu loved cats, I just knew he should work here. And when I saw you later in the day with little Harvey who had been lost...I realized that he had chosen his family. Harvey belongs to you guys now! And in the bag are some of my personal favorites! Most are cookies and such, but I hope he enjoys them!"

Kanola waved goodbye as Jyushimatsu walked slowly down the street with Harvey and the goodies.