Speak of The Devil 6

Nigh here, this chapter is dedicated to Madmary my first fan and the first person to vote for me thanks for convincing me to keep posting. Sorry the chapters late my crummy internet connection wouldn't let me update, and sorry it's so short..............again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6

Restless

As I lay down in bed, all these thoughts penetrated my mind, the only constant being the stinging ach around my throat. Eventually too annoyed to sleep I jumped out of bed walked through the door on the far wall opposite of the bed taking the chance to finally examine the room properly. It was white walled with deep ruby curtains held back by thick black rope, with tassels, The French windows had polished gold knobs. Gripping the knobs I turned not surprised in the least by the fact that it was locked. Through the windows you could see a terrace lined with ivy looking out onto a beautiful garden sparkling with lights.

The room was sparsely furnished with a large four poster bed carved with intricately swirling ivy designs on both the posts and the headboard. The bed itself had a thick black silk comforter and soft red silk pillows with black embroidered designs and fringe. To the left was a small night stand with a small lamp, a glass of water, with a bottle of pills, and a note instructing me on the amount to take for the pain. Also a side note saying that there weren't enough pills to kill me if I tried to overdose. Well there goes that plan I thought sarcastically, walking into the bathroom I looked for the clothes I changed out of earlier. Sighing I looked around, the white marble countertops shone in the light. The back wall was one full-length mirror, the bath was large marble tub with gold knobs and faucets. Leaving the bathroom I dug through the night stand in search of some clothes and found.....nothing. Sighing I thought angrily forget it, guess I can't take a shower. Disappointed I sat on the side of my bed angrily swallowing down a some of the pain medication. Curling up in the black comforter I prayed to god the pills were enough to help me sleep......eternally

Zell's POV

------------------------------------------

Walking out of my room into my very spacious hall, it was all I could do to not run down the hall to "her" room. Stopping by the linen closet on the way to her room I grabbed a few sets of towels. Taking a deep breath in front of her door to control-as well as I'm able to anyway-the bloodlust I opened the door only to be met by a very grumpy, very sleepy looking girl. "Girl, Use these and take a shower, you reek! I can smell you from down the hall!" I said as I threw the towels and the clothes I'd gotten for her. Damnation, I thought annoyed at myself. Why is it that every time I try to be nice to this girl I always end up saying something rude....

Letting my gaze rove over her condition I noticed something that had I been human would have brought a flush to my cheeks. She was still wearing last night's dress having not been provided with pajamas, both of the thin straps had fallen off her shoulders exposing the tops of her breasts. Her already----well let's just say it wasn't long--- dress was hiked up and tangled around her thighs. "I have a name you know" the meanly thrown words snapped me back to reality. "Really, I thought you humans reproduced and died so fast you didn't have time for names. Do you name rats as well?" I replied sarcastically rolling my eyes. Damn it! Again why could I never control myself near this girl?

If looks could kill, than surely I'd be on the floor, dagger through my chest a river of blood coming from my heart. "Aleda! Aleda Kaiden! That's my name and I won't listen to 'girl' or 'you' my names Aleda."

"Well then, ALEDA, take a shower the clothes shouldn't be too loose," smirking I let her see my gaze slowly trail over her body "though I don't think you'd mind if the clothes fell off." The flush of her blood in her cheeks was beyond appetizing, if her glare was any indication she was flushed with both anger and embarrassment.

Snatching up a towel and some of the clothes she lurched off the bed and slammed into the bathroom leaving me alone in her room. The only thing to do, examine the surge of elation I felt when she flushed with embarrassment. Walking out of her room I made it to my room to safely examine the emotion there. Could it be....No there's no way.......Was she blushing because she actually CARES what I think of her? The thought filled me with the same elation as before, but why should I care if she cares? Needing a way to get these confusing thoughts out of my head before they took root, I quickly dug my claws into the skin of my arm dragging my nails slowly but painfully through the flesh. I moaned in both pain in pleasure one emotion sparking the other, I don't know how long I sat drunk in with the pain spreading through my arm, as I opened the wound over and over to keep thoughts of "her" Aleda out of my head. Aleda Kaiden "winged spirit of battle" the name fit her perfectly as beautiful as any angel, with the fiery spirit needed only in battle. Suddenly aware of my audience I my head snapped up, and there she was Aleda standing shocked in the doorway with Ciphon behind her.

Unable to say anything I just stared up at them from where I sat on the edge of my bed.