Home Sweet Zombie

Chapter 5
(10k's point of view)

Flipping to the next page in a magazine I found on the coffe table in the house we're staying at. Murphy and Doc are playing cards in the dining room, Garnett and Warren listening to citizen z go over the weather, and of course Addy and Mack are keeping watch in there own ways because I can hear Addy laugh every now and then. Lastly Cassandra was fast a sleep in the couch and she looks so peaceful. Smiling at her sleeping form I went to the next page even though I wasn't really paying attention because I was starring at Cassandra in a none creepy way, sorta. "All clear." looking up I saw Addy smiling while Mack repeatedly kissed her cheek, I must of really been paying attention to Cassandra to not even notice them come in.

"How is it out there?" Warren asked leaning on the counter next to the radio we found, shrugging a shoulder Addy pushed Mack back a little "cuz you stalker said there's a tornado coming."

"Partly cloudy with a chance of zombie." laughing Warren and Garnett walked to the door letting Mack and Addy take a break, and immediately they run upstairs. Going back to Cassandra I saw the blanket has fallen from her shoulders to the middle of her stomach. Putting the magazine down I walked over to her kneeling in front of her gently grabbing a hold of the blanket.

"Your so beautiful, I've never seen someone as beautiful as you Cassandra. Wish I could tell you that while you're awake," I whispered softly pulling it back to it original place but then I saw some of her hair has fallen covering her face. Letting go with my right hand I continued to pull it up gently with my left as my hand slowly hovered closer to her face. But my hand never got close when I saw her eyes open glaring at me and the couch going down a little where my hand is at, glancing down I saw she almost stabbed me with her knife "t-the bla-blanket... I was j-ju-just... Sorry," I whispered moving my left hand doing the same to my right but she glanced at it "I-uh your hair... W-was cov-covering your face... I'm t-truly s-sor-sorry."

Pulling her knife away, I slowly walked to the couch still watching her "scared of that one."

"Best not to mess."

"You know if we breed does two it will be the end of the zombies." looking over at Murphy wide eye he just started laughing with Doc, making me look over at Cassandra to see she has fallen back to sleep. Grabbing the same magazine I went back to not actually looking in it but instead at Cassandra watching over her.

"Keep starring at me, I will be force to seal your eyes shut." Cassandra whispered not opening her eyes and I gulp loooking down at the magazine in my hands. I don't understand we were completely fine till I had to leave to take a pee break, and when I came back Cassandra looked pissed. After that she's been keeping distance between us and ignoring me, what did I do to her? Did I say something? Made her feel bad? Hurt her?

Biting my lower lip while I debate with myself what I did that made Cassandra hate me so much I almost didn't hear Warren yell puppies and kittens. Getting up I threw the magazine on the floor going to the door sliding it open letting Cassandra go out first with me right behind her. Running to the gate I jumped over landing in the next door neighbor's yard "Cassandra jump, I'll catch you," I said holding my arms out but she rolled her eyes jumping a few feets away from me "or you could just land on your two feet." running away I followed her yelling her name.

"What do you want now!?" she yelled finally stopping letting me catch up to her, there's a few z between us and the truck but they're all going inside the house.