Full Metal Zombie

Z nation season 3 airs September 20th! Also it's on a Tuesday not Friday. Just wanted to let you all know.
Chapter four
(Cassandra's point of view)

"Dwayne, Hobbs, Jake, Shaw, Daniel," Addy went on listing names she thinks that might be 10k's real name. I have no idea how we even started this conversation about his name as we waited for everyone to take a pee break and Mack fixed the truck, but she was seating criss cross on the top of truck while I leaned on the back with my lower back facing the small window. "I'm telling you I think his name is either Dwayne or Hobbs."

"Well I think Dom or Vin," I whispered back since we both agreed not to let 10k know we're talking about him "but it could be as simple as Justin, Jax, Tony or Josh."

"No. He's a badass kid trying to kill ten thousand z. It can't be simple, besides Dom and Vin are both bald and have huge muscles that it looks like he's hiding a basket ball in them." Addy said in a matter-of-factly voice hitting my shoulder gently making me roll my eyes.

"Yes he does but Dwayne and Hobbs are also bald and have tattoos, 10k doesn't look like the guy to have any," I said back using the same matter-of-factly voice like hers making her laugh slightly jumping down to give Murphy toilet paper "we'll continue this conversation later."

"Sure." Addy said sarcastically waving her hands around, but I choose not to fight with her as I walked to the edge on the truck seating next to 10k as he looked for zombies. We didn't talk to each other and I liked it, just two normal people seating next to one another not talking.

"Amish zombies? Really?" Addy asked when 10k killed two z with a piece of gear he found.

"They tried to quarantine themselves from the rest of the world and keep the virus from spreading." Garnett said while walking around and Addy sighed in response.

"Night of the living dead, great movie but sucky reality," high fiving Addy agreeing with her she continued "you know what I don't understand? If the zombies didn't spread the virus, how did we all get infected?"

"The best theory I heard was birds. A parasite piggyback on the bird flue, stays with you till you die." Garnett said but obviously Murphy doesn't agree as he said when it comes to z no one understands. Rolling my eyes I moved over as Doc jumped in and 10k turned to look at us.

"One think we do know they have a soul," Doc laughed making me look at him confused "what did I say that's so funny?"

"You saying z have a soul," shaking my head at he's comment he continued "I'm telling you no thoughts, no memory and no soul nothing." Doc said looking me dead in the eye then a small glance towards the two dead z lying on the floor.

"Well there not dead, they want something," interrupting me Doc agreed saying brains "still. You can't want something if you're not consciences, have no soul." I said grabbing my water showing him a smile.

"When my pa got wounded he told me to tie him," 10k started looking over at us with pain in his eyes "made me promise him I'll mercy him when he turned. I couldn't no matter what he turned into, I couldn't hurt my pa. I starred at him for the longest trying to find a sign that he's still in there."

"Did you see anything?" I asked and he looked at me like a lost and hurt puppy shaking he's head, looking down I heard Doc ask what he did.