Fracking Zombies

Chapter Two
(Cassandra's Point of View)

I was riding shotgun in the pickup as Doc drove down the road. A young kid with jet black hair that formed into spikes sticking out in every direction wore a long sleeve camouflage shirt and -for some weird reason- he had the sole of a pair of combat boots on both of his shoulders. He was also wearing a pair of khakis and black combat boots like mine. One of the weapons he seemed to be holding had been a sniper rifle. To be honest, this kid freaked me out and I had this weird feeling that he was always watching me. I mean, I could have been over thinking it, but he gave me a bad vibe. Then again, I was the type of person who just didn't trust men or boys. For good reasons, too.

I felt the truck bounce a little as we followed Mack and Addy's van, which snapped me out of my trance and made me focus on the road. We were currently running over zombies that were wondering around on the Zee Bridge. We continued bumping into the zombies, making this ride even less comfortable.

Finally, we came to a stop and I heard Addy say, "That was fun."

Warren quickly replied with a laugh and said out loud, "Running on fumes." The two high fived before the white smoke came out of the front wheels of our truck and covered every one with the thick fog.

Doc had gotten out a minute before me and it seemed that the kid wasn't going to jump out, so I opened my door and stepped out of the vehicle. When I walked to the black hood, there he was standing in front of me with his back slightly turned at me.
He's stalking you, he's with them... Get away before he can take you.
My mind stated making me nervous and I could feel my bottom lip rubbing through my teeth. The kid definitely looked like someone who would be working with them.

"Heads up, we've got company." I looked over at Mack who was looking towards the road as the sound of motorcycles was getting louder by the second. Everyone went still and grabbed ahold of their weapon. Unlike them, I slowly turned away because I knew that bikers were definitely with them.

"That's right... keep rolling and we all get to see another day," Warren threatened as they slowed down a little. They soon went back to their normal speed.

I sighed out of relief, but in the corner of my eye I noticed that the kid was heavily eyeing me.
If he's not with them... what could he be doing? He obviously is stalking me, so that only leaves that he's either a rapist or getting way too attached? I hope it's none of the above.
I shook my head trying to get rid of the stupid thoughts. After walking away from him, I stood beside Addy who was watching Doc and Warren struggling to take off the front left tire as to see what the problem was. Warren just couldn't get the last bolt off as she said,  "All right it doesn't look flat but it won't... turn."

"We ran over some fun stuff," Doc said as he helped Warren pull it off, reveling a zombie with it's arms cut off and it's mouth gone. The inhumane monster still looked as if it wanted to eat us. I took a step back trying to get used to the view of the mangled zombie.  "Well, that explains the pull to the left."

Shaking my head, I then looked at Murphy as he freaked out and yelled for us to kill it. Rolling her eyes, Warren grabbed the black offset wrench to give it mercy. Afterwards, she dropped it and walked away to look at the landscape of New York for the last time. Everyone followed her in pursuit.

"Even after all this, it still looks beautiful," Warren commented and she wasn't wrong. Before and after the zombie apocalypse, New York looked breathtakingly beautiful no matter how you looked at it.