Welcome To The Fu-Bar

Chapter 7
(10k's point of view)

I was between Warren and Cassandra in the back seats as Doc drove and Murphy just looked around, and lastly Mack and Addy were on a motorcycle we found not to far back. No one spoke as citizen z talked over Garnett's death out of respect for Warren and him "Charles Garnett was a honest to God, good guy. He didn't just fight for his own survival but for other people. And he did something that's nearly impossible these days, he gave people hope. You remember hope? Thinking that you might actually make it out of this, yeah that. So on behave of a great nation, or whatever the hell we are... I salute you." with that he stopped and we lowered the radio still not speaking, but something is up with Cassandra. She's once again been distance from me, maybe Garnett's death upset her but why am I taking the punishment for it. She clearly said she wasn't mad at me nor blames me but here she is ignoring me once again, making me feel like she lied to me and I was the reason for Garnett to die.

And all I want to ask her is if she also felt a spark when she kissed my cheek, I wanted to ask her that when she kissed me but she told me to go because she was worried about the others but now I can't because she acts like I'm talking to someone else. Looking to my right I saw Cassandra looking out the window with her chin on her palm with no emotion, not like I was expecting her to have any right now. "Cassandra are you ok?" I whispered only audible to us two, blinking her eyes she looked over at me then back to the window "are you mad? Upset? Please tell me," huffing she crossed her arms over her chest not looking at me but I saw her reflection threw the window and saw her nose wrinkle. "Don't do this please... How many times are you going to give me the silent treatment? Because I remember you said you're not mad at me nor blame me, but right now you're acting like everything you said was a lie."

"Its not that... Just-" hearing Doc groan and the truck come to a stop we looked ahead to see smoke coming from the hood. Getting off I went to work looking for the problem and see if there's something I can do. Running my fingers over the radio hose I felt some liquid run down my fingers, to my hand and wrist. Keeping my hand were it's at so I won't lose it I used my other to find tape but I couldn't, sighing I left the hose alone and started looking with both my hands but I still couldn't find it.

"You got to be kidding me," I whispered pulling myself out and opening the door looking where I've been seating but it disappeared. Scanning my eyes over the seat and floor I saw pieces of the black tape I had remembering what happened to it, Cassandra.

"Is that a motorcycle?" Mack asked hitting the window stopping the truck. Getting off he checked it out finding keys, and it still had gas. A full tank to be exact "ok. Me and Addy can take this so we wouldn't be out in the open, besides if something happens to the truck we can scout out ahead."

Nodding her head Addy jumped off after she hugged Cassandra and whispered something I couldn't exactly hear. Getting on Mack and Addy went in front of us leaving me and Cassandra still in the truck bed, but we decided to get inside with everyone so we won't be cold and can sleep a little if we like. Closing the door Cassandra looked outside messing with her knife till she jerked her hand away, glancing over at her I saw her knife is broken by the handle and nearly cut her. Reaching in my bag I grabbed the tape handing it to her "here use this, wrapped it around your knife a few time so you won't cut yourself." I stated, nodding her head she grabbed it doing as I told her, biting it off when she completely wrapped her knife.

Smiling I closed the door walking to Cassandra who had her back facing me "Cassandra can you help me, please?" looking over at me she raised her eyebrow at me "I just need you to hand me some tape, you won't get a speck of dust on you." sighing Cassandra followed me back to the truck, laying down I pulled myself under the truck and Cassandra followed me.