Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Ellie's POV

I walked into Subway at about 12:10. I was a little late, but I figured Olli would understand because I was at work.

I looked around and didn't see him. Maybe he's running late too. I sat down at a table by the window and waited.

At about 12:20, I texted him saying, "Hey. Did something come up? We're still doing lunch, right?"

I waited about another 10 minutes and there was still no sign of him. Maybe he's not coming. Maybe I was stupid to think I actually had a chance with a professional hockey player.

I went up to the counter, because whether he was here or not, it was still my lunch break and I needed food.

I got my typical foot long Italian B.M.T and a coke.

After paying, I went back to my seat to begin eating. I pulled out my phone to text Katie because I knew I shouldn't wait until tonight to tell her than he stood me up and she wouldn't be getting Beau Bennett's phone number.

"Hey. I just wanted to let you know you don't have to come tonight. Olli didn't show up. I don't know why I actually though he would :/ I'm also sorry that you won't be getting Beau's number. -Ellie"

I sat my phone down and began eating my sub. I was honestly super disappointed. I know I only met Olli for a few minutes and I barely knew him, but he was special to me. When I looked into his eyes, I saw more than just eyes. I saw a future. He must not have felt that way about me though.

A few moments later, my phone buzzed.

"Awe I'm so sorry, Ellie. I'll be over tonight just so we can talk. I know it sucks, but boys are stupid anyways. If you need anything else, let me know. Love you -Katie"

She's such a good friend. I didn't know how to answer her, so I just didn't.

After finishing my sandwich, I left. Why stay at a place that'll just make you sad because you were stood up by a really hot guy?? I'd rather be at work with my dad anyways.

Walking back, I was trying to think of why Olli would do that. He seemed so sweet. He probably found a prettier girl after I left.

---------------------------------
Olli's POV

I woke up and checked the time. 1:56. SHIT I MISSED MY DATE. I looked at my phone and saw that I had a text from Ellie.

After reading it, my heart sunk. I totally slept through a date. How stupid am I.

I tried to call Ellie, but she didn't pick up. I knew she was at work, but I had to try anyways.

I was about to leave a message, but then I thought it would be better to see her in person, so I hung up.

I got in my car and drove down to Dr. Haffey's office. I ran inside and waited for the elevator. It was taking too damn long so I just took the steps.

Once I got up to the second floor, I saw a girl with her head turned sitting at the desk. Ellie.

I walked over and said, "Excuse me, Ellie?"

"Yeah?" She said whipping her head around. When she saw me, she had an extremely surprised, yet kinda angry look on her face.

"Olli? Why didn't you-"

I cut her off, "Sweetie, I'm so sorry. I took a nap and my alarm didn't go off and I woke up and ran down here before I could even comb my hair. I tried to call you, but I knew that you deserved an apology in person. So, I'm sorry. I'll do whatever it takes to make it up to you."

There was a pause for a second and then she smiled, "Olli, it's okay. It means a lot to me that you would come down here and apologize. I'd love to hangout with you sometime."

"How about tonight? You can come to my place and we can watch a movie or something," he blurted out.

"Well I was supposed to hangout with my best friend, Katie."

"She can come too. My roommate should be home so they could hangout. He gets along with everyone so I'm sure they'll be fine."

"Oh that sounds fun. I'll ask her," she said as she pulled out her phone to text her.

"Awesome! I'll text you my address, but you should probably get back to work."

"And you should probably get home and fix your hair because it's a mess," she giggled.

"Wow thanks. I'll see you tonight though," I said winking at her then turning around.

I got Beau a date, I fixed things with Ellie and she's coming to my house. This is going to be a fun night. (And no, not fun in an inappropriate way, just fun to hangout with her and get to know her.)