Chapter 19

A few days past and we were shifted back into the main building. Craig eventually gave in on me sleeping in the real accommodation with the rest of the girls. I had become quite close to many of them but mostly Sarah. She was like an older sister to me- taking care of me and making sure I was recovering.

When we got back I was shipped back to my old room which was exactly the same as I left it. Spotless. However this time it felt different. It didn't feel like I was trapped as much as I knew I had somewhere I could go.

About two days after I moved back in I decided to visit the recreation room. I didn't want to force myself on them so I waited a few days before I went. I made my way down the corridor to where she said. I knew it was safe but I couldn't help but be scared I would get in trouble.

I approached the door saying recreation room. As I was stood in front of it I gently knocked hoping there would be an answer. Almost immediately Sarah opened the door.

"Darling! Where have you been? We were worried you wouldn't come!" She shouted.

"You know places to go people to see," I laughed.

"What like the dining hall?" She said sarcastically. We all started laughing. "Come in!" 

When I walked in I noticed immediately a large book shelf full of hundreds of books all neatly organised. Next to that we're two large sofas covered in big pillows. There were also four big seats which looked extremely comfy. I spotted a tv on the wall and immediately ran to it.

"Put on the news quick! I need to see the news!" I shouted at one of the girls. I wasn't really sure on her name but I was desperate.

"Calm down sweet, we can't get the news. Only what we have on dvd, we have no freeview or service." Sarah grabbed me and said as i sighed.

I needed to see the news and hopefully see my family. When I thought about it I realised I had probably been gone too long for me to still be in the news. They probably announced me dead to shut up my family.

"Come and take a seat," Sarah pointed to the sofa where three other girls were sat. I had vaguely seen them before but not enough to talk to.

"Hiya, my names Bailey," she smiled and gave me a big hug. Once again it felt amazing. She was wearing a burgundy dress with a burgundy bow in her brunette hair. Her dress colour complimented her naturally tanned skin however mine made me looked washed out and pale.

"It's nice to meet you Bailey," I smiled. At least the most of a smile a could do. I mean after all I can't remember the last time I smiled.

"I've been here nearly the shortest. All except you- I was the newbie up until now. Now you're here to take my spot but beware they are big shoes to fill- I mean who can replace me?" She giggled sarcastically. She seemed sassy and I loved it.

One girl grabbed my shoulder and turned me to face her.

"I'm Rachel. Bailey is the most talkative as you can tell, I'm a girl of few words." She smirked.

"How long have you been here?" I asked.

"Long enough," she grunted. She looked quite worn down and tired. She had obviously been here a while.

I looked at the girl perched on the end of the sofa. "Hi I'm Kim," I said and held out my hand for her to shake. She just looked at me and looked away. "Rude," I mumbled under my breath.

"This is Abi, she hasn't spoke since she got here. She has been sold multiple times because she won't speak. I think it's something to do with her anxiety. I can sympathise because I used to have it. It came back for a while when I first got here but-"

"Bailey - shhh" Rachel said. Bailey did like to babble a lot.

Suddenly the voice over ran the room. "Sarah, please head to your room and get ready for dinner."

"I guess I'll be off, I'll see you in a while girlies." Sarah said and with that she walked out. I didn't feel as comfortable without her here as before.

As soon as the door shut they started bombarding me with questions. All except Abi.

"So you're with Craig!"
"What's he like?"
"Is he strict?"
"Is he nice?"
"Does he hurt you?"
"Is he special?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"We mean, Sarah told us not to ask you questions but now is the perfect time."

"But why does everyone know him?" I asked. I was super confused about why everyone knew him.

"Did you not know?" They shouted.

"Know what?"

"Craig's brother owns this place, and Craig's brother is Sarah's partner!"