Chapter three: the funeral

Sitting in the church I could hear sobbing all around me, next to me, suffocating me and making me feel the sadness they felt. I was wearing a nice long sleeved black dress that reached past my knees and black flat shoes I wore the day I met Rhys. Tears were flowing down my cheeks while I just sat there and listened to the celebrant talk.

"Rhys was a kind loving young man who loved life. He loved his friends, his family and his beloved girlfriend Annabel. Let us remember Rhys as that young man who brightened our days and cherish those moments spent with him. And now Rhys' mother Renee will say a few words" I could feel the ache in my chest getting tighter as I watched Renee walk onto the podium with tears and sadness all over her face.

"Rhys was a nice boy; he was kind, generous, caring and he loved like no other. He was my son, he was always there for me when I needed him. I will always need my boy... B-but he is in a better place where he can rest easy. A parent should never have to see their child die before them. I love you Rhys, I always will. Anna, are you ready?" I nodded slightly, knowing I was going to cry.

As I walked up to stand before those people my heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach before I spoke " As you all may know I was there when Rhys..... when Rhys left this world. I said my goodbyes to him but I feel that's not enough. A few kids from Rhys' school and myself had a plark put in at the school for the memory of him. Rhys was not only my boyfriend, but he was my best friend aswell. I will be surely lost without him, as will you all. Rhys you were mine and every second we spent together and every memory we shared, will never be forgotten. You were my first.... my first love and I will never forget you, you will always be inside my heart.."

I walked back to my seat sobbing hysterically, harsh pains rolling throughout my chest, making it harder for me to breathe. No matter how much sadness this brings me, I will not leave this church. Rhys deserves to have every one he loved there at his funeral, myself included.

When I got home I went up to my room and gently closed the door. I turned on my CD player and played the CD Rhys burned for me with all the songs we've had great memories with. The song that played in the car on the way back to my house not long after we kissed came on first, it was also one of the songs played at his funeral, fix you by cold play. I sang along to the lyrics that played not caring that my tears were running down my cheeks and that I could taste the salty liquid on my tongue.

"And the tears keep streaming down your face, when you lose something that you can't replace, when you love someone but it goes to waste, could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones, and i will try, to fix you.."

That's when I felt myself drifting off into sleep, if only I had helped him, then he'd be alive right now and holding me tight. I felt cold on my waist around the area Rhys used to hold when we were cuddled up and falling asleep and I found myself reaching over to touch his chest but that's when I realised.... I was all alone.

******************************

Authors note:

This chapter is a little bit short I know but the sincerity is there. This chapter is dedicated to my deceased uncle who lost his life almost three years ago from suicide. the song fix you was played at his funeral and I haven't quite been able to listen to that song since , those lyrics are the only lyrics I can listen up to because that's where it gets at me and makes me sad. ): On a brighter note, the next chapter should be written up and published sooner than this was. Thanks for reading and let me know if you like it :3

..............................................................

Another authors note:

I've had writers block for the last week ): I can't think of anything to write!!! Arghh, help me!!!!