chapter 9- the date

Angela Pov

Steve still won’t tell me where we are going for our date. So, here I am on my bed watching Mama Mia on my TV with spilled popcorn everywhere which was spilled when I burst out laughing.

Well, the others took the news well except for Dev. He was always sending daggers at Steve every chance he got but eventually he was cool with it. Plus, I heard Jenny say that this was phase six of their plan but they still won’t tell me what they are? I don’t even bother because they can really be a pain in the butt.

I’m actually here wondering what to wear when I gave up and flop unto my bed thinking I will get something to wear at last minute. Which brings us back to the present; I’m here watching my movie forgetting about my date tonight, when Dani, Jenny and Tiff busted into my room. I was so into the movie when I heard the door slam open; I shouted bloody murder. I turned to see them laughing on my floor.

“What the hell guys. Are you trying to kill me!”  I shouted.

“Watched your mouth young lady!” my dad shouted.

“Sorry dad.” I shouted back. “Now you three, why are you in my room? I was in the middle of a good movie.”

“Oh please, you can download it later. Now we need to get you ready for your date.”

“My date?” What are they talking about?

“Omg! You forgot about your date with Steve tonight, didn’t you?”

“Maybe I did.”

“What are we going to do with you?”

“So have you found anything you wanted to wear for tonight?”

“No, that’s why I was on my bed watching that movie.”

“Typical of you, so let’s get started. Steve will be here soon.”

“Your parents are okay with you dating Steve, right?”

“Yeah, they are. It’s just dad is worse than Dev.”

“Of course he is. He’s your dad.”

“Angel, when was the last time you actually cleaned your closet?”

“I don’t know. I never got around to cleaning it.”

“A, why does your room have only three colors in it? I mean the furniture, the walls, and everything in here is hot pink, purple or red.”

“Ha, I like those colors and you know it. So stop asking every time you come to my room.”

“I’m surprise you don’t have a makeup kit in here. Only nail polish and jewelry.”

“Talking about jewelry, where is the pair of earrings I lent you?”

“You guys, can we stay on topic here. My date.”

‘”Oh yeah, I forgot.”

“And you’re talking about me.”

“Can we please get things going? We have to get Angela ready for the date.”

“Fine.”

“What about this?”

“Too flashy.”

“This?”

“Too formal.”

“Can you guy pick something already? Steve will be here in the next minute.”

“Stop complaining, we know when he is coming.”

“So do you know where we are going?”

“Yes and no.”