One

"We're moving?!" I cried, standing in the doorway to the kitchen.

Mum and Dad's heads spun around, their faces filled with shock. Mum turned bright red and her mouth opened to say something but nothing came out.

I fumed with every passing second, how could my parents be doing this to me?! Their only child, moving away from all her friends and probably never seeing them again! How am I supposed to live my life?!

"Teagan," Dad started. "You weren't supposed to know yet." His face filled with empathy and he gave me his best I'm-sorry-please-forgive-me look.

But I was having none of it. Without realising, my teeth clenched inside my mouth and my lips smashed together.

"When were you planning on telling me this?!" I shouted, trying my hardest not to scream and stomp away.

"We...we don't know." Mum said, staring at the ground in front of her chair.

The ends of my eyes started to sting and I tried my hardest but couldn't fight it. I took one last glare at Mum and Dad before turning and running up the stairs to my room. I flopped onto my bed and squished my eyes closed as hard as I could. This isn't happening, this isn't happening. I told myself over and over. But I knew it was.

I got up and let my salty tears drip off my cheeks and onto the ground. I slumped into my desk chair and opened up my laptop. I clicked on the Skype icon and my face appeared up on the screen through the webcam. My mascara had dripped all the way down my cheeks and I looked like a mess. Who cares. I hovered over my best friend Anya's contact for a second. Her profile picture beamed at me and I clicked down hard.

She picked up straight away, cheery and ready for anything. One look at me and she went into full best-friend mode.

"Oh my god, Teags! What, what happened?! Don't tell me it was a boy, I swear to god I will punch their face in!"

I gave a small chuckle but my current state made it sound more like a whimper. "It's not a boy." I assured her.

"What's up then? I could tell by her face she was worried af and needed to know. Now.

"My parents," I sputtered. "They're making me move!"

"Oh Teags, that's not that bad Hun! You could be moving closer to me! Wouldn't that be fun?!" Anya's face lit up but her smile wasn't at it fullest.

"No, Anya. We're moving inter-state. To a farm. It's 10 hours from here."

Anya totally melted. Her expression dropped and her face went a dull pale colour. She stared at her keyboard in front of her.

"What?" She breathed out.

Another tear rolled down my face and dropped on my ripped black jeans. "Next Tuesday." I added.