Four

A horse. I've only ever been around horses when I went on a trail ride at a riding school with Anya one time. But I was only 8, it was 5 years ago. I peered down the aisle but there wasn't any other horses.

I took a step closer and the horse lifted its head high in the air. My heart started thumping loud and I noticed a nameplate on the stall door.

"Samson?" I read aloud.

The horse pricked his ears forward and stretched his nose out to me. I gave it a gentle rub and noticed his state. He was all dirty, his hairs were all out of place and he was incredibly skinny. My stomach swelled with anxiety. What happened to him? Why was he in my new house? Did someone forget about him or something? I turned around and grabbed a big hunk of hay from the other side of the barn.

"Do you want this?" I asked, holding my hay hand out to him.

Samson stretched as far out of the stall as he could and I stepped closer so he could reach the food. He basically inhaled it! He really needs more. I told myself and grabbed another handful of hay. Samson quietly ate as patted him and handed him more and more food.

"Do you want a whole bale?" I asked him, glancing at the tower of hay beside me.

He threw his head up and started bobbing it up and down.

"Ok then," I laughed grabbing the string of a bale, heaving it off the side of the tower.

I made my way over to the stall and Samson moved to the side as I chucked the bail in. Samson instantly dropped his head and scoffed his hay.

I lent over the stall door and watched him in awe. I better tell Dad. I told myself, biting my lip.

"Hey, Dad?" I called when I got back inside.
"Yes Honey?" Dad said, looking up from his phone.
"Was there any animals that came with the farm?"
"Uhh, yeah. I think there was a farm cat but they said the neighbours feed it so we don't need to look after it at all. Why?"
"Oh, cool.what about any other animals...like maybe something bigger?"
Dad gave me a confused look.
"Like maybe a cow...or..a horse?" I said slowly.
"Not that I know of, sorry Honey" Dad said shaking his head.
"Uhhh, Dad I need to show you something..." I trailed off, heading to the back door.