Three

I hurried inside after Mum and Dad.

"Oh look, how cute!" Mum awed at a little fireplace I hadn't noticed in the lounge room.

The excitement in my stomach grew as I made my way down the wallpaper-filled hallway.

"You can have the one at the end on the left, Teag" Dad called out to me.

I stood in front of the white door of my new room. Some of paint was peeling off the top but I'm sure Dad will fix it. I grabbed the silver knob and twisted. I was instantly blinded at how bright the room was! White wallpaper with little butterflies filled the walls and the orangey floorboards clashed with my shoes. 2 large windows that were on the back and side of the house, had little flowerbeds on the sills. I dropped my backpack and slid my laptop out of it.

I jumped straight onto Skype and my face appeared again. I was surprised. I looked so happy. I didn't realise I was going to like it here. Quickly, I clicked on Anya's contact and waited for her to pick up.

"How is it? Is it nice? Are there cows? Is your room big enough?" She blasted me with questions.

"Haha yeah it's pretty cool, I'm not sure if there's cows probably not and eh...my rooms alright. Not as big as before but it's sort of what I expected."

Anya was beaming at me, super excited to hear all the new goss about my house. But I knew inside it was killing her to see me there without her. If it was close enough, she would be with me right now for sure!

"Hey," she said, leaning in and squinting her eyes at the screen. "What's that building behind you? Out that window there?"

"What?" I turned around and looked out my window. Sure enough there was a building, a really big one!

"I'll go see." I said slowly, kind of confused and shut my laptop.

I put my laptop on floor beside my bag and made my way out the door. In the lounge room, Dad was on the phone with the moving van, asking when our furniture will arrive and Mum was trying her best to get the fire working. I glanced at a door in the kitchen and used it to get myself out the back of the house.

I stood there for a few minutes just staring at the structure in the distance. I'm pretty sure it's a barn. I told myself before making my way along the dirty, rocky ground towards it. When I made it I pushed on the tall red and white door, nudging it open a slight bit.

I heard something rustle but it must have just been a raccoon or something. I gripped the edge of the door and swung it against the outside wall so the barn had more light. I looked up to grab the other door and something snorted. There, in the very first stall was a tall light brown coloured horse. I froze.

"Not a raccoon." I gulped.