Two

Tuesday came was too soon. I had to say goodbye to Anya and everyone else I cared about in my life which, now isn't even worth living anymore. I stared down at my orangey work/farm boots my Aunty had bought me for the move. I gave myself an unsure smile and opened the door to the car. Ok, at least these boots like kinda cool. I told myself, trying to get a psyched as possible. It wasn't working.

Mum and Dad came over and I reluctantly slid into the back seat of our 4 wheel drive Prado. Dad jumped into the driver's seat and rubbed his hands together before plugging in the keys. He was extremely excited for the move, the total opposite of me. He grew up on a farm and loved every minute of it. I, personally, haven't been on one before but I know for a fact that the house won't be as good and my room won't be as big.

We pulled away from the driveway and I craned my head around to look through the back window. It killed me watching us just throw away the house I've spent my whole life in. The measurements on my bedroom door showing how tall I'd grown, the little drawings I hid around my walls when I was a kid, all the memories of just me, Mum and Dad.

When I couldn't see the old, 2 story brick house anymore I spun back around and dug for my iPod in the backpack beside me. I put in some earphones and played my favourite playlist. Selena Gomez blared into my ears and for the rest of the trip I just sat there, my head leaning on the car window, staring.

10 hours later Dad pulled up a long rocky drive. Even though I didn't want it to, my stomach ached with excitement. I tried my best not to show it. I snapped my eyes shut until the car came to a rolling stop.

When I opened them I was blown away. Long, grassy paddocks stood before me and on a hill in the distance I saw a meadow filled with bright yellow daisies. The sky's were blue and perfect clouds spotted across the sky. I opened the door and lifted my backpack over my shoulder, stepping out. When I faced the other way I saw the house. I have to admit, it was a bit run down but it looked alright. Only one story but it was bigger than I thought.

Below me, tan coloured dirt and rocks made a large driveway that split around the house and formed a larger area behind it. I shook myself back into reality and hurried over to Mum and Dad who were already fumbling with the keys.

I stepped onto the verandah and looked in one of the windows beside me. The floor boards creaked and inside was a lovely lounge room. There wasn't a wall or anything separating it to the kitchen it was just all one room, there was even a dining table as well.

"Ah, got it!" Dad celebrated and pushed open the front door.

A/N
Would you guys rather longer chapters, shorter chapters or this sort of size? Also here is a few snaps of Teagan's new place.