Confused

Meanwhile, Ebsy had fallen on the other side of town. She wakes up in a strange room, alone, her coat gone and replaced by a light blanket.

She tries to get up, but she became dizzy and collapsed again. When she hears footsteps approaching, she closes her eyes and pretends to still be asleep. Something wet strokes her hair and she opens her eyes, only to see a pair of eyes watching over her. The hand retreats from her hair and goes to the man’s side.

‘Who are you? Where am I? Where’s Geoffrey?’ she asks, freaking out a little. I mean, who wouldn’t? She had just woken up alone, in a strange room and had been stroked by a short man who looked like he had just had a shower with his clothes on.

‘Shhhhh!’ the man looks around. ‘He doesn’t know that I brought you here.’

‘Who doesn’t? And why are you all wet?’

‘My friend doesn’t, and I’m wet because I’m Moist.’

‘Well, of course you’re moist. That’s just another word for wet!’

‘No, my name is Moist. It’s a long story, ok? You’re in my friend’s lab, and I don’t know who Geoffrey is.’

‘You must know Geoffrey! He’s the Llama King!’

‘Moist? Who’s in there with you?’ a voice calls from out of the room.

‘Nobody!’

‘And where’d you get this co-’ the owner of the voice stands in the doorway, holding Ebsy’s fur coat. He’s wearing a white lab coat and has black goggles resting on his head. Moist turns to face him, fidgeting.

‘I’m sorry! I found her unconscious outside when I was getting the mail, which is on your desk, and couldn’t leave her there and-’

‘Shh, Moist. I don’t need to hear it right now. Who are you?’

‘I’m Ebsy… Who are you? And why is he wet?’ Ebsy manages to sit up this time, and points at Moist.

‘I’m Dr Horrible! I have a Ph.D. in Horribleness. How have you not heard of me? And he’s wet because he’s Moist.’

‘Well how has he not heard of the Llama King?’

‘The Llama King?’

‘Oh, not you too! Look, I need to go find my friend. We were out, and then something happened, and now I’m here and I don’t know where he is. Can you help me? Oh, and that’s my coat, thank you very much.’ She walks over to Dr Horrible and grabs her coat from his grasp.

‘Why should I help you?’

‘Because it’s a nice thing to do? I don’t know. Either way, I’m leaving. Thanks for the help and all.’ Ebsy nods to Moist before walking out the door.

Moist looks at Dr Horrible. ‘What? She’s pretty.’ he says, following her.

As Moist follows Ebsy out, Dr Horrible gets to work on his evil plan to get the attention of Bad Horse, who is the leader of the Evil League of Evil. He sets up his plan like he planned and starts to bring the planned plan into action.

‘A man’s got to do what a man’s got to do,’ he sings to himself. ‘Don’t plan the plan if you can’t follow through. All that matters, taking matters into your own hands. Soon I'll control everything. My wish is your command.’

As he sings, he uses his remote to control a van.

Ebsy is halfway across the road when the van seems to appear from nowhere.

‘Ebsy! Look out!’ Moist yells just as a tall, muscly man jumps in front of the van. The van stops only an inch from the man’s hands, meaning that he didn’t stop it.

‘Are you crazy? You could’ve been hit!’ Ebsy exclaims, shaking her head at the man’s idiocy.

The man turns and faces her. ‘A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. It seems destiny ends with me saving you. The only doom that's looming is you loving me to death, so I'll give you a sec to catch your breath.’ he sings.

‘Catch my breath? If it wasn’t for me, you’d be dead!’

‘Don’t worry abo- wait, what?’

‘I. Saved. You.’ Ebsy says slowly and clearly.

‘No, no, I don’t think you understand. I stopped the van.’

Ebsy shakes her head. ‘You didn’t even touch it, and I don’t think you have my powers.’

‘Your powers?’

‘Didn’t you know? I have magic.’