Reunited

Captain Hammer sits in his small flat and thinks to himself: Why didn’t Ebsy see that I saved her? What was with the silly story about having magic? I mean really, magic isn’t real. Obviously she wanted all the glory… or maybe she didn’t want to be seen as a little girl, so saying that she wasn’t saved makes her feel older and independent. Man, I wanna tap that. The hospital is where she said she was going? Well, I’ll meet her there and surprise her. I’ll make her feel like a grown woman.

With this in mind, Captain Hammer heads right over to the hospital where Geoffrey is.

He waits and waits for the girl with the strange fur coat, entertaining himself with thoughts on what he was going to do with her. Captain Hammer is obsessed with sex, you see. When something goes his way with a girl, he wants her. When something doesn’t go his way with a girl, he still wants her. He’d just have to keep this one a secret because of laws.

*****

                ‘Are we there yet?’ Ebsy whined for the tenth time.

                ‘No!’

                ‘My feet hurt…’

                ‘Well maybe if you had SHOES they wouldn’t!’ (In Llama Land, there is no need for shoes as the ground is nice and soft. Also, most of the inhabitants are llamas and have no need for shoes anyway). Ebsy glares at the back of Billy’s head as they get closer to the other side of town.

                ‘I know where we are now! Thanks Billy.’ Penny kisses Billy on the cheek and Billy blushes.

                ‘I‘ll see you on Wednesday then…’ Billy says, and leaves.

                The two girls walk to the hospital and ask for Geoffrey’s room number. They get to the stairs when someone grabs Ebsy’s hand. She turns, startled, to see Captain Hammer.

‘Oh, it’s you. What do you want?’ she asks.

‘I know that you just say that you stopped the van so you can feel superior, so I’ll let it go and believe that you stopped it, even though we all know I stopped it. So, in twenty minutes I’m gunna take you out and make you feel like superior. I’ll be here. Bye.’

Penny and Ebsy look at each other, shrug, and then make their way to room 69, which is Geoffrey’s room.

‘GEOFFREY! OMG YOU’RE ALIVE!’ Ebsy yells, throwing herself on him.

‘Ebsy? Where were you? I was so worried!’ They hug and pull apart. ‘Thank you, Penny.’

‘No problem, Geoffrey.’

‘Geoffrey?’

‘Hmm?’

‘I’ve been wondering… how are we going to get home?’ This question takes Geoffrey off-guard, as he had not been thinking about how they would get back to Llama Land.

‘I’m not sure, Ebsy… but I’m sure we’ll find a way.’

‘What if… what if we never find a way back? What if we get stuck here forever? We’ll never see Mushu again! Or Harold, or Mary, or Dan, or Lily, or Mr Unicorn, or Mr Dragon… or even Aug!’ By this point, Ebsy is in tears.

‘Everything will be ok, Ebsy. I promise. Shh…’ Geoffrey strokes Ebsy’s face as she sobs. ‘We will find a way home.’

She sniffs. ‘For realsies?’

‘For realsies.’