Chapter 3

I shouldn't blow all my money now on food and the things I need now. I'm going to buy me a few snack items and some water.

I grab some snack cakes, a few packs of cookies, and some waters. After paying about thirty dollars, I walk out of the store.

On my way out, I see a baby store and I just have to walk in. I smile as I see all the baby clothes, shoes, toys, and other things.

I walk over to the clothes and look at all the onesies. They are so small and so cute. I love them.

One of them catches my eye. It's a small purple lonesome with little bunnies all over it. I pick it up and hold it in my hands. "This is so cute." I say with a smile.

"Oh, are you and your girlfriend expecting?" I hear a woman say near me.

I'm tempted to say yes, but I just can't. I can't lie. I should be proud. This is my baby that I am carrying myself. "Actually no. I'm actually pregnant." I say, kind of scared, but proud at the same time.

Silence. All I hear is silence. The woman doesn't say anything to me.

I turn to look in the direction her voice came from and she isn't even looking at me. She is back to looking through the clothes and shoes.

I just go back to looking and the little clothes and shoes until I hear her mumble "freak" under her breath.

I bite my lip, grab the onesie, and go to the checkout counter. I pay for it and leave as tears fall down my face.

As I run, people stare at me like I've got two heads. Anyone I come across, they stare at me.

I run back to the store with everything as I cry. Once I get inside, I find a corner and sit down, crying so hard.

I am such a freak. This isn't normal. I'm a bad father. I don't belong here.

"I'm sorry, baby. I've made things bad for us. I wish this wasn't happening to you. You didn't do anything wrong." I sob.

I eventually just cry myself to sleep in that corner.

(AN: I know this chapter is pretty short, but I don't know what else to do for this chapter. Next chapter will be longer. I promise.)