Chapter 10

I hold on to Liam's hand as we wait in the doctors office for my first ultrasound a week later. I say, I'm pretty nervous. I'm almost six months along and I've never had an ultrasound.

"Don't be nervous, Harry. Everything will go fine." Liam tells me.

"I can't help it, Liam. I'm just scared. What if there was some thing wrong with my baby this entire time and I never knew it because I've never come to the doctors to have the baby checked out." I tell him.

He laughs a little. "Harry, calm down. I'm sure the baby is okay. You may have had a rough first few months, but I'm sure everything is alright. Just take a deep breath and calm down." He says as his thumb runs across my knuckles.

I take a deep breath and nod. "Okay."

I smile a little at him and my name is called. "Harry Styles."

We both stand up and head back, me never letting go of Liam's hand, not wanting to lose us touch. He gives my hand a reassuring squeeze as we walk into a room.

"Good morning. I'm Doctor Lauren. So, Harry. How far along are you?" She asks me.

"I think about six months, but I'm not completely sure." I tell her.

"Well, let's take a look at how the baby is doing, yeah?" She says as she pulls the machine closer and I hop onto the table.

"To be honest, I'm a little nervous. This is my first ultrasound." I say.

"Six months and this is your first ultrasound?" She asks me.

"Yeah...well uh...there were circumstances that prevented me from getting a check up." I explain.

"Oh." She says. "Well, I'm glad you're getting checked on then. Now,,lift up your shirt. This gel will be a little cold."

I lift up my shirt and hiss at the cold gel that is applied to my stomach. "You were right. That is cold." I laugh a little.

She puts the wand on my stomach and starts looking around. My heart races when she can't find anything after a few minutes. I grab Liam's hand and squeeze it.

"It's okay, Harry. Calm down." He says to me.

"Ah. There she is. She was hiding." Doctor Lauren said after a few more minutes.

"She?" I ask. "Did you just say she?"

She smiles. "Yep. Congratulations. You're having a little girl." She tells me.

"You hear that, Harry. You're having baby Darcy, just like you wanted." Liam says as he squeezes my hand.

A huge smile forms on my face. "How's my daughter doing?" I ask Doctor Lauren.

"She looks like a healthy baby to me. Nothing's wrong with her that I can see." She says with a smile. She then turns off the machine and wipes the gel off of my stomach. "I want you to come back in two weeks, okay?"

I nod. "Yeah. Two weeks." I say.

"Alright. You two may go." She says to us.

I get up from the table and walk out with Liam's hand still in my own. "I can't believe I'm having a baby girl. I'm so happy, Liam." I say As we approach the car.

"I know you are, Harry. I can't wait to see the little girl. I bet she'll be beautiful." He tells me.

"She will be. Her other daddy is hot, so she'll be gorgeous." I say.

"But you're beautiful too, Harry. I hope she looks a lot like you." Liam says to me.

I blush a little, but I don't let him see it. I turn my head away from him as we both get into the car. I can't let him see the blush that formed on my cheeks.

"Harry? You okay?" Liam asks me.

I keep my face turned away from him, but nod. "Yeah. Can we just go back home now?"

He stays quiet and I hear the car start before we pull away from the hospital. I watch out of the window as the hospital slowly leaves sight.

"Harry, you know you can talk to me if something is wrong, right?" He asks me.

"I know." I tell him. "But nothing is wrong. I just want to watch out the window."

"Bullshit." I hear him mumble under his breath.

"Just respect the fact that I don't want to look at you right now." I say to him, with a bit of annoyance in my voice.

"And why not? What did I do, Harry? Why won't you just look at me?" He asks.

"Maybe I just don't want to fucking look at your face right now!" I yell at him, my hormones starting to flare up.

"I don't see a good reason why you don't want to look at me." He says, somehow remaining calm.

"Because I don't want my heart to explode!" I yell as we pull up to the house. Without hesitating, I get out of the car and go inside as fast as I can.

"Harry, calm down. You'll stress Darcy out. Be careful. You don't want to hurt yourself." He calls after me as he gets out of the car and follows.

"Just leave me the fuck alone, Liam." I go to my room, slam the door shut, and lock it. I'm still mad, but soon it turns to regret.

Why did I get so mad at him? He was just worried about me. Does he not have a right to worry anymore? Why did I act like that?

All that runs through my mind and soon hot tears fall down my cheeks and onto the floor.

"I shouldn't have gotten so mad at him. Now he's probably mad at me." I sob quietly.

I feel Darcy kick, telling me that I need to calm down.

"I'm sorry, Darcy. Daddy will stop crying now." I wipe my face and take,deep breaths. "Maybe I should take a nap."

I nod a little before taking off my clothes and pulling on a pair of sweat pants, not wanting to put on another shirt. I crawl into bed, half naked, and get under the blankets. I wrap my arms protectively around my stomach and close my eyes.

"I'll make things better for you and I, Darcy. I promise." I say softly before I drift off into a peaceful sleep.