Chapter 12

Two weeks have gone by. Liam and I are headed back to the doctors for my next check up.

Darcy has been kicking a lot more recently and she's been kicking harder. I'm only a little less than halfway through my sixth month of my pregnancy, so I'm a little concerned. I think I'll ask the doctor if this is normal, among other questions I didn't ask the first time I was there.

We wait in the waiting room and Darcy kicks non-stop. Its starting to hurt and Liam can see it on my face.

"You okay, Harry?" He asks me.

I shake my head. "Not really. Darcy won't stop kicking so hard and it hurts." I say softly.

Liam slides his hand on my stomach and rubs circles in the spot the kicks are coming from. "Hey, princess. Calm down. You're hurting Daddy."

Pretty soon, the kicking stops. I sigh in relief. "Thanks, Li. You can always calm her down." I say with a smile. "You're going to be a great dad to her, and she'll love you." I peck his lips and my name is called for me to go back.

I stand up, with a little help from Liam, and we head back.

"Hi, Harry. So good to see you again." Dr Lauren says. "Has everything been going okay?"

"Yeah, but Darcy has been kicking a lot more that she did before. It's almost non-stop." I explain. "Is that normal?"

She chuckles a little. "Actually it is normal. Around the six and a half to the seventh month of a pregnancy, the baby tends to kick a lot. It tends to be more so in a case of a pregnant male, but don't worry. Everything is just fine." She says.

"Okay, and I have a few more questions." I say.

"Ask away." She responds.

"How will I deliver the baby? I'm not built like a girl. I mean, I am, but...you know what I mean." I say, kinds of flustered.

"Believe it or not you can give a natural birth. You can push your baby out just like a girl can. I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain where it would come out of." She says. Liam and I nod.

"Also, is there anything I should be watching for during the last few months? Any warning signs of something bad?" I ask.

"Well, with males, there's a high risk of premature births, or still births. With females, we can't really tell, but males have a slight advantage for some reason. A man's mood swings tend to get more violent or sad if there is a still birth or the baby will be born premature. Its something odd that I have found in the four cases I have seen with male pregnancies, but I actually helped deliver a full term baby girl here about a month ago who was carried by a male." She says, getting off topic but getting my attention.

"Was the father's name Louis?" I ask, remembering the girl I had met a few months ago and that she said her brother was pregnant with a little girl.

"Yeah. Do you know him?" She asks.

"Yeah. I do. Well, sorta. I met his sister a few months back and she told me about him." I explained to her.

"Alright, well, any other questions?" She asks me. I shake my head. "Okay, let's check your baby girl and see how she's doing."

She then turns on the machine, puts the gel on my stomach, and puts the wick on after. She watches the screen and smiles when Darcy comes into view. "There she is. She seems to be growing nicely. She looks like a very healthy baby girl." She tells us.

"Do you think we could hear her heartbeat? I'm just curious." I ask.

"Of course, Harry." She tells me with a big smile.

She turns a dial on the machine and we start to hear her small heartbeat."Bum, bu-bum. Bu, bu-bum" fills the room and I smile. I sniff as tears form in my eyes.

"Harry, what's wrong, honey?" Liam asks me, wiping a stray tear from my face.

"I'm just so happy, Liam. My daughter is right there, alive and healthy. Hearing her heart beat...this is something I'll never forget. My princess..." I say, sniffling the entire time.

Liam pulls me into his arms and side hugs me. "I think you mean 'our princess.'" He says softly.

I look up at him with tears flowing down my cheeks. "Yeah...Our little princess..."