Chapter 5

I wake up on the sunny morning with a big smile. Yesterday was a good day over all, and I'm hoping that today will be a good day as well.

I sit up from my place on the floor and stretch as I feel butterflies again. "Hey, baby? You awake? You want to go eat at the coffee shop today?" I say, and he or she moves more.

I laugh a little and stand up before changing into my only other pair of clothes I have that I bought a few weeks ago.

After getting dressed, I run my hair through my greasy curls. I really need a bath. Maybe I can ask Liam if I can take a bath at his house, but wouldn't he find that kind of weird? Wouldn't he ask why I didn't take one at home?

I sigh. "Maybe I won't. I'll take a bath when I can." I pull on my old shoes and walk out of the building and to the coffee shop.

The whole way there, people give me disgusted faces and dirty looks. I even hear a few people call me a fat bum.

I bite my lip to not say anything, but I hear a mother tell her child "Don't go near him. I don't want you anywhere near someone like him."

My hormones sky rocket and my anger boils over. "Someone like what!? A man who's trying everything he can to keep himself and his unborn baby alive!? Unlike most of you, I have to be on my own and I can't get a fucking job because some people don't know what a fucking condom is! There are reasons why every male should use a condom, gay or not!" I scream and everyone stops in their tracks around me.

Everything around me is silent and everyone stares at me. There is a big circle around me of people staring. Their eyes wide and their mouths agape. No one says anything as I take a few breaths trying to calm myself down.

Everyone just continues to stare as I make my way through the crowd to leave.

Once I get out of the crowd and make my way to the coffee shop, everyone starts shouting things at me. "Freak of nature!" "You shouldn't be allowed out in public!" "You are a disgrace to the human race!" "Go back to whatever lab you came from!"

My walking turns to a run as I get closer to the coffee shop and I see a familiar face waiting for me outside the door. Liam stands there when his eyes land on me, tears falling down my face and running toward him.

He opens his arms for me and don't hesitate to run into them and hug him tight. I sob into his muscular chest as he strokes my hair and rubs my back. "Harry, calm down. What's wrong?" He asks me.

"Th-They...I-I..." I try to say, but nothing comes out because of the sobs. What those people said to me hurt. Some people say that it is a miracle that I can have a baby, but most people yell at me for it, and it hurts.

Liam just hugs me and rocks me back and forth as he rubs my back, trying to get me to calm down. "Shh, Harry. It's okay. I'm here now. Everything is okay." He says softly.

After a few minutes, my breathing gets back to normal and all the tears stop falling, but I don't let him go. I want to stay in his arms forever. When I'm in his arms, I feel like nothing can hurt me.

Liam pulls away though and leads me inside, pulling us into a booth. "Harry, what happened? Why were you crying?" He asks me.

I look down. "I was walking here and people are giving me dirty looks and they were calling me a fat bum. Finally I just snapped at them and screamed that I am a hard working pregnant soon to be dad and they just stared at me. They were in a big circle around me. I eventually just pushed my way through and once I got through, they started calling me a freak of nature and that I shouldn't even be allowed out in public." By this point I was crying again. "I didn't want to let it get to me but my hormones are all over the place and it hurt so bad." I sob. "I'm a freak of nature, Liam! I don't even deserve to be seen in public like this!"

I hear Liam get up from his seat, but I don't look up. I don't want him to see my messy face.

I continue to sob in my seat when a pair of arms wrap around me. I knew it was Liam, it was pretty obvious.

"Harry, You are not a freak of nature." He tells me. "People just don't understand a miracle when they see it. You may be different than all other guys, but that's what makes you unique and you should be grateful. You and whoever you end up dating can have your own kids together. You don't have to worry about getting a surrogate or adopting. You two can have your own kids. Kids that you can both call your own biologically. Harry, if I was your boyfriend, I would be over the moon when I found out you were pregnant. To know that my boyfriend would be carrying my baby and that this is something we both made, all I can say is that it is a miracle. Don't let anyone put you down."

Tears continue to fall down my face, but not tears of sadness, tears of happiness. "Thank you, Liam. That was the best thing anyone has told me since I found out that I was pregnant." I bury my face in his shoulder with a smile on my face.

"You should hear that more often. You are unique and this is just one reason why you are special." He tell me as he rubs my back. "But don't think about it too much, okay? You don't want to stress out the baby. Stress isn't good for him or her."

I nod and wipe away my tears. "I don't think we should walk around like we planned. Is there anything else we can do?" I ask him

"Yeah. I guess we can go back to my house and hang out. Only if you want to." Liam offers.

I smile. "I'd like to. It might be fun." I say. I look up at him and he smiles down at me.

I then find myself lost in his eyes. I just stare into them like I'm in a trance. They are just so beautiful and I can't help but to stare.

When my gaze finally moves from his eyes, they fall to his lips. They're slightly parted and I can see some of his white teeth.

"Harry, are you okay? Do I have something on my face?" Liam suddenly asks me which snaps me out of my trance.

"No. I kinda just blacked out for a minute. I'm okay." I tell him.

He nods at me. "Okay. Well, do you want to buy anything before we leave here?" He asks me.

I shake my head no, but my stomach thinks different. It decides that that was the time to let out a loud growl, and it was really loud.

"Come on. We can get you something to eat. You deserve it. My treat." He says to me with a smile.

I smile a little. "Okay." I say. I'm glad Liam's paying for it because I don't have any money at all. I can barely keep myself fed or anything. I'm still living in a run down building for shelter.

"You're homeless?" Liam suddenly asks. "Is that why you didn't want me to take you home yesterday?"

"Shit. Was I talking out loud? That meant to stay in my head." I say softly.

"You're coming home with me. After we eat, we are going to where you live right now, get your stuff and I'm taking you back to my place." He tells me.

"No. I'm fine. You shouldn't have to worry about me. I'll be fine. Thanks for the offer." I say.

"It's not an offer. Harry, I can't allow you to stay homeless. You and your baby need a proper home. I can't go back home, knowing that I left you and your baby alone. Let me help you." He practically begs me.

No one has ever said that they want to help and Liam is sitting here begging me to let him help.

A smile forms on my face and I hug him. "Okay...I'll let you help, but first thing first." I say.

"Yeah?"

"How do I know you're a real cop? How do I know that you aren't some gay strip club owner or something?" I ask jokingly.

"I can take you down to the station and prove to you that I work there. Besides, my police car is just outside with my uniform and everything in it." Liam tells me.

I laugh a little. "Sounds good to me. As long as you can prove it." I say.

"Okay. I'll prove it after you get something to eat. You need to get some food in you." He tells me.

I nod and order something to eat. Maybe it won't be so bad to have to live with Liam. I'll have a nice house to stay in, running water, and I won't have to worry about food. Maybe I can get used to this.