Chapter 19

A couple of weeks later:

Zedidya's POV:

I was going hunting today with Dimitri and as I pulled my shirt over my head I noticed my stomach had gotten bigger. Does a strictly blood diet make you gain weight?

I heard the door opened and I looked in the mirror noticing Dimitri step in. He had on his clothes and he was staring at me.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked.

"I have gained weight." I said confused.

"Gained weight doing what? You don't eat food." He said just as confused. He came over and stared at my stomach.

"You have gotten bigger."

"Dimitri." I growled harshly. He said nothing but put his ear to my stomach like he was listening to something.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Zed, you haven't gained weight due to eating or anything...You're pregnant." He said shocked.

"What!?" I exclaimed.

"There is no heart beat obviously, but there is a different blood type in your stomach I can smell it and sense another presence." He said standing up.

"A baby? With...you?" I asked confused.

"Hey, you should be kissing my feet for thanks. Do you know how many women want to have children with me?" He said cockily.

"Dimitri, I don't even know what to do! I don't know how to raise a child! I would be a horrible mother." He laughed and shook his head.

"Zedidya, you will be a fine mother." He assured. I did a half smile.

"What do I do?" I asked confused.

"Bed rest. Pregnant women should get as much rest as possible." He said guiding me to the bed.

"What about hunting?" I asked sitting down.

"I will get you something to drink." He assured.

"What do I do?" I asked.

"Just relax. I will take care of everything. Vampires develop faster so you are looking at three months before the baby is born." He said.

"So I just lay here and be a bump on a log?" I asked.

"Yes." He said walking out of the room. I sighed and laid my head back. What do I do? I just lay here? Maybe I should take up knitting...I looked around the room and grabbed some of Dimitri's books about assassinations and began flipping through them.

Dimitri came back later with a glass full of blood.

"Here." He said. I took the glass and drank it. The blood wasn't as sweet so I guess it was an animal.

"It is animal. Deer." He said reading my thoughts. I nodded and finished the glass and laid back.

"Dimitri, I don't know if I can do this. It is so boring." I sighed laying back and yawning.

"What are you talking about? Catch up on your sleep. You never sleep." He said looking over some papers.

I sighed and closed my eyes and attempted to fall asleep. As I was sleeping I saw dull amber eyes and I shocked myself awake. Dimitri was over in a flash and watching over me.

"Zed, don't do that to yourself." He said.

"I had a bad dream." I said shaking my head. I saw his face scrunch up and I knew he read my mind.

"Once the other vampires are ready and we find him...He will be gone. Don't fret over him, love." He said smoothing down my hair. I nodded and he kissed my head and pulled me into him and continued smoothing down my hair. I soon fell asleep and the amber eyes did not come back to me.