Chapter 8

A day had passed since the ceremony.

Blazeflight mentored Sunsetpaw. She was natural fighter, so the two learned to tolerate each other pretty quickly.

Snowshine mentored Celestialpaw. Celestialpaw had brought back a mouse late last night. She claimed that she was practicing shadow hunting with Lightningstorm, but Lightningstorm was talking with Lionbreeze all day.

Moonspirit didn't mentor any kits in the end, but Airstar mentored Cougarpaw. Cougarpaw was a born leader, Airstar had told her deputy.

Elementalpaw was going to Moonpool tonight. She was scared, because of meeting everybody.

"Elementalpaw?" asked Lightningstorm as she wandered into the medicine cat den.

"What is it? I am sorta busy preparing traveling herbs," exclaimed the young medicine cat apprentice.

"Starlingpaw's happy," Lightningstorm began. "I know it is hard on you considering you were more close to her than your sisters..."

"Look, I don't need you to have this talk with me. I am fine. She was my sister, but she chose her own path," interrupted Elementalpaw.

"You act as if you disowned her."

"What so you know on the subject. Don't you feel like Thunderclan disowned you? I hear Shadowclan whisper about how Thunderclan believes they are harboring a murderer. Are we going to war, Lightningstorm?"

The sandy she-cat had to think for a moment. Was this what Slumbernoise meant? Will I have to lead them to war? Lightningstorm wondered.

---...~~~___---...~~~___

The wind rushed unusually strong.

Lightningstorm was dreaming, and she was is Starclan during her dream.

A sleek blue furred she-cat raced through the branches and thicket.

"Bluesoul?" Lightningstorm asked.

"I rush to bring you terrible news. I have taken the role as leader of sharing news with my Starclan allies. Don't worry, I enjoy life here," she said.

"You're stalling," Lightningstorm mewed weakly.

"Yes, for the news I give you is not pleasant."

"What is it?"

"War is coming, and it started when another villain murdered a noble cat," she mewed solemnly. "The villain is of the living and they live in Thunderclan."

"Who was murdered?"

"Starclan cats only have one life in Starclan. If they are murdered that life dies and they really are gone," Bluesoul explained.

"Give me a name! Who was killed!"

Bluesoul sat in silence for many moments. Then she finally said, "Ravenstar."