Quick trip to the doctors

Imagine... having a friend that's a boy , you probably know what that's like but me, I don't know a thing about about having guy friends, well any friends actually. After yesterday with Jake and Bec I think differently. No, no I can't let myself get carried away. I know that Jake and Bec are nice people and all but I can't let myself get carried away. I'll just end up ruining everything, in their life and in mine. That's just what I do.

It's now the next morning. Yesterday was great, apart from being a complete clutz. I mean I fell over in the library and... Oh no! I didn't see Linzie at lunch yesterday! What's wrong with me? How could I have let Linzie down, she's always been there for me, from the start. That's it, I can't let friends get in the way of Linzie. I can't believe I've just gone and left her, wait a second it- it's SATURDAY! Oh my lord! I'll have to sort something out with Linzie later. Oh dear lord please make Linzie not hate me for eternal life. 

I realise I ha- no I couldn't possibly call him over but he's the only person I have in my contacts. I quickly grab my phone and look through my contacts, I've never deleted his actual contact. By the time I'm ringing him up I'm frozen with nerves. " Hello?" His voice, So deep, so se- Snap out of it Brooke! " Um... hi Jake, it's Brooke. I was just wondering if you would like to come around later tonight at around 5? I mean you don't have to but it's your choice bu-" He cuts me off. " Yes. I would love to come over." He laughs at the end by the big reaction I gave him before hand, "Okay well see you later." I hang up before I make a bigger fawl out of myself. 

I quickly jump out of my bed and check the time on my phone, 11:00!? I quickly jump out of bed and put on some jeans and a t-shirt. I've never slept in this late before. I hurry downstairs, to see mum sitting in the living room, " Morning mum." I walk over and kiss her cheek. " Hi sweetie, what times your friend coming over?" She looks at me questionably, " Well... there's only one friend coming over." I say to her. " Okay, well what time is she coming over?" Oh right ' she ' mum can not know that it's a boy coming over. " Um, well she's coming over at about 5." I say to her sitting down on the living room couch. I can't be bothered eating this morning. Bad I know. " Okay. Well I guess I'll make some food for you girls." I let mum do this because she get's so bored during the day. 

For the rest of the day I just relax. Repeating in my head what my explanation is going to be when mum sees Jake instead of my so called ' friends '. Right now it's 4:00 and I need to get ready, I'm so nervous for the night to come. I go upstairs and put on a sweater on that says ' without love, life doesn't exist ' cheesey I know but I seriously have nothing else. Plus it's super comfy. I add some denim shorts and add a little touch of makeup but not an overload. 

I look over at my clock and it's 4:30. So it's been half an hour since I came up to my room. So I decide to curl my hair, plus it's good to have a change every now and then. Once I'm done I check the time and it's exactly 5:00. He should be here any minute now. I run downstairs and mum compliments my hair and I thank her. Then the knock, it travels through the whole house. I walk to the door and open it slowly to reveal a very relaxed and good looking Jake. He's wearing jeans and a t-shirt that has the word ' stussy ' on it. I don't know what that is but whatever. " Um, sorry. Hi Jake come in." I say to him. " Hi brooke. Thanks." I lean up to his ear and whisper, " My mum might be a little surprised that you're here beca-" Oh shoot. She's noticed. " H- Jake?!" Jake is consumed by mum tightly hugging him. I'm very surprised to say that my mum didn't want us to hang out but yet she's acting like everything's okay. Oh shoot. 

" Mum?" I have to tell her. " Yes sweetie?" She releases Jake from the hug and looks at me. " Well. Um... Jake was the ' friends ' I was going to invite over but I comp-" what is up with people cutting everybody off today? " That's fantastic! I'm so glad you guys are together!" Wait what?! She winks at me and Jake notices. " No, mum. Were definitely NOT dating!" Jake and I shuffle slightly away from each other. " Well okay then. I'll let you guys do your thang!" She walks out of the room. 

I grab Jake's arm and take him to my room. Wait no! Not like that bu- oh whatever. " I'm really sorry about my mum." I say to him as we arrive to my room. " Aha. It's fine, I know what she can be like." It really is true. Jake's seen my mum so many times hence why my mum almost suffocated him whilst hugging him. " Your hair looks so beautiful." He looks at me and then suddenly looks back down again and a slight blush comes to his face. " Oh why thank you." I say to him in my most british accent possible. 

I talk to Jake for a while about everything that's been going. " Well, I'll be your new best friend." We lock gazes for a while and then my mum shouts, " Brooke!" I hear my mum shouting from downstairs. " Come on. We better see what she wants otherwise things could get a little crazy." I say to him and we make our way downstairs. " Brooke! I just remembered you have a doctors appointment in 10 minutes. We have to get going now!" Doctors appointment? What the fudge is she talking about? What the hell is going on? " Mum? I'm not sick?" I almost question. " Just hurry up honey and get in the car." I turn to Jake giving him a questioning look. " Mum? Mum calm down." She's rushing around everywhere and ignoring me. We all get in the car.

When we arrive at the doctors mum hurries in and runs through the door. " I'm sure everything's okay." Jake took my hand and entwined our fingers together. What is he doing? We both know that mum doesn't do this for no reason. We walk in and mum's sitting down in the waiting area. We make out way over and take a seat next to her. " Now. would be the time to explain." I look at her and she looks so worried, " Brooke... promise me you won't hate more forever?" Why the hell is she asking me this? I will never get mad at her, " Of course I won't mum." I look at her and let go of Jake's hand. I look at him and he nods saying I understand and I take mum's hands in mine. " Okay." She says. 

A/N 

Hey people of the world ( I hope ), 

I know you have probably guessed what's going on. I've tried to make it interesting and I hope you all enjoy!

:) 

Thank you x