Be brave

Imagine not knowing your whole life that you've had cancer, well a year and a half. The day after I found out I had it, I just couldn't handle being around my mum. I know that she was trying to do what was best but I just couldn't stand it. 

Today I'm going over to Jake's house for a bit. He's the only one I won't feel like I have to say anything to. I don't want someone to talk to necessarily, I just want someone in the presence. I've left the house already and when I turn the corner on my way to Jake's house, I see Alfred. You don't know who he is, obviously but he hates me. I've never really known exactly why though. 

As I walk past him he grabs onto my wrist, hard. " Where do you think your going " He looks at me in the eye and I don't reply to him. " Where.Are.you.going " He spells the sentence out and I seriously can't be bothered with his attitude right now. " Look, Alfred? is that your name? whatever. I'm seriously not in the mood for this right now. So.... could we maybe do this another time." I look at him, dead straight in the eye and tug my wrist back, I walk off. 

I know he's still staring at me when I' walking because I could almost feel his stare on me. I walk up to Jake's house and before I can even knock on the door he opens it. I just stand there and look at the ground. " What are you doing here? You should be at home with your mum." He sounds concerned. I know I should of at least told her or something but I just wanted him to hold me... forever and say this was all just a dream, a bad dream.

" Hi." Is all I said to him until I broke down right in front of him. I hugged him tightly and grabbed onto his shirt. He hugged me back and then looked at me. " Your strong Brooke." He comforted me and then he shut the door and we went inside. 

" I'm sorry Jake, I shouldn't have come here, but I just wanted someone to stay with me." I looked up and met with his eyes. " Don't ever apologise for coming over." I looked back down at my shoes and then I realised his mum wasn't here. " Is your mum out?" I asked him changing the subject. " Uhhh. I don't really know right now. She was supposed to come home last night and she did message me saying she was fine and was staying at some guys house." I can't believe his mum sometimes. " I bet you need company." After that he led me to his bedroom and we lay on his bed for a while.

Everyone once and awhile Jake would check if I was sore or in pain in any way at all. I never was because I couldn't feel the cancer in me. " Why me?" I asked him whilst putting both my hands by my side. " You're just special Brooke. You're amazing." I felt his warm hand being placed on mine and I couldn't handle it. I couldn't do this to him, I had cancer and sooner or later I was going to die and we both knew that. I pulled away.

" Jake." I half sighed to him. " Whats wrong?" He asked me with concern in his voice. " I can't do this." I sat up on the bed. " Can't do what?" He didn't even realise. " I can't be with you, there can't be an "us" ever. " I looked down, twiddling with my thumbs. " Brooklyn." He took my face in his hands and rested his forehead against mine. " Jake, don't do this. I can't hurt you." I said to him. I could feel his warm breath on my face and he wiped away my tears. " You'll hurt me if we don't be together. I have to be with you Brooke. I can't." I looked at him in the eyes and the only thing I could seem to say was, " Okay." He hugged me for a while and we lay back down. " Promise me you'll fight Brooke, promise me you'll just be brave." Those words will stay with me." Of course." 

A/N 

Hey people, 

This chapter was a bit rushed :/ I'm sorry *tear 

I still hope it was meh okay though, 

:)

Thank you amazingly awesome people x