New faces fill her mind as the others slowly dissapear

- Still 9 years ago...pchooooooooooooooo!!! -

The hallway is mostly quiet except for you and your escort's footsteps. 

Occasionally, you would here the elated cries of children or vast groans.

I almost made you smile.

The ninja, your escort, looks down at you and gives you a warm smile. 

Shikaku was his name as you found out. 

~flashback~

The third hokage turns around and walks to the window that gave him a view of all of Konohagakure.

He sighs.

"I will have someone escort you to the academy."

You look down. 

You wonder who it could be.

Just then, the door opened and you turn around to see a tall man, his black hair tied up in a ponytail. Two scars ran across the right side of his face, both hands crossed over him.

He looked down at you and you whimpered and took a step back.

The hokage turns around and smiles at the man. 

"Ah, Shikaku how wonderful to see you and thank you for taking this offer."

The man with said name smile back at him and bowed. All of the hard features went away just at he smiled.

"It is my pleasure Lord Hokage. I wasn't busy today so i decided to take part in this little 'mission'" 

He dragged out the word "mission" for effect, making you smile shyly and the hokage chuckle.

"Well, once again, I thank you."

He turns to you.

"I'm sorry little one but i have to take my leave. I'll be back in the afternoon to come and discuss your stay here in the village."

You both nod and with that, the hokage leaves the room.

You look back up at the man called Shikaku.

He looks at you and smiles warmly, holding out his hand. 

"My name's Shikaku Nara of the Nara clan. I'm guessing you're _____ _______."

You nod and take his hand. 

"Come now. Let's go meet your new classmates."

~flashback ends~

"This is it. This is Iruka-sensei's class."

You shrink back. 

"Hey come on now, don't be like that. This is a good class and I'm sure you're going to like it."

You nod sheepishly. 

"Okay..."

"Great!" He says as he opens the door. Shikaku then walks off waving at you. 

You wave back.

The man you guess is Iruka-sensei stops talking and looks at you.

He smiles and ushers you in.

You take a deep breath and walk in.

(MWHAHAHAHAHA CLIFF HANGER. -gets hit by a brick- OH CALM DOWN! I'm gonna update soon anyways! Also, this is a story for my friend but for me also since Shikamaru is pretty damn amazing >:33)