Hello Miss Trainwreck, this is your past talking

"________?"

You're eyes shoot open. 

You gasp and get a good look at your surroundings.

It's all dark.

You hear shuffling outside and the occasional sigh.

"Are you sure she was here Kakashi?"

"Yes. I dropped her off and left."

Kakashi and Shikaku.

You wonder why they're looking for you.

Then it hits you.

You find the door knob and twist it open and light fills the tiny closet.

You see the two men turn towards you.

"______?"

You fully emerge from the closet and they almost sprint to you.

"What were you doing in there?"

"Why haven't you gotten up yet?"

They sound almost paranoid but relieved at the same time.

You sigh.

There's no use in keeping it from them.

"I...I have ombrophobia."

Kakashi and Shikaku look at each other.

"Why?"

You twist your shirt in your hands.

"When...when my parents died.. that night, it was raining. I got lost in the rain and the shock and sadness drove me crazy. Since then...I've been deathly afraid of storms."

Shikaku holds you close while Kakashi sighs.

"You still need to go to the academy. When you feel okay, get dressed and we'll take you there." stated Kakashi has he stood up.

You nod in Shikaku's jacket and pull back rubbing your eyes.

They leave to give you privacy and you put on the long sleeve shirt that the sleeves would go past your hands and your shorts. You put on your glasses and leave with the two men.

~

"Iruka-sensei why do you have to do transformation again??"

He huffed, two tissues stuck up his nostrils as he took out his clipboard.

"Because of Naruto."

The class groaned and some poked or flicked the said blonde.

He only flicked them off and snickered. 

'So worth it.'

Shikamaru sighed. 

"What a drag. I just wanted to have an easy day."

His head turns to your vacant seat and he frowns.

'Where is she?'

Just then you walked in.

He glances at the opening door and you look shyly at  Iruka who just motioned for you to come in.

'Wow. She's late again. Now that I think about it, can she even do ninjistu yet?'

Shikamaru sighs and closes his eyes.

"Whatever if she can't do it, I don't really care."

"What if who can't do what?"

Shikamaru gasps and jumps back.

You stood in front of him, looking up at him with wide eyes peering through your frames.

He scratches the back of his neck, looking away.

"I-It's nothing."

You narrow your eyes, not quite believing him.

You were about to interrogate him even more when Iruka shouted over the class to get in line.

You stood behind Naruto with Saskue in front of him.

Some of the kids make perfect transformations of the Hokage while others still had some more practice to do.

You hear a now familiar yawn and a mutter of "What a drag" or "How troublesome"

You turn around to face the Nara boy and was about to speak when Naruto falls on you and you fall on Shikamaru. Choji was smart ennough to move out of the way in time to stop the domino effect.

Naruto gets up and runs towards Kiba who was already sprinting outside, cursing at him.

Iruka runs after them and the kids who haven't gone cheer while the kids who have groan.

You hear a groan underneath you and you look at the face of Shikamaru. 

You gasp and help him up, apologizing in the process.

He rubs the back of the head. "How much do you weigh?"

The whole class falls silent as Shikamaru raises an eyebrow.

You narrow your eyes at him and  focus your chakra in your left hand.

You ready your stand and before he has an idea of whats happening, you sock him right in the face.

Hard.

To the point where he flies out the open window into the playground.

Everyone gasps and you step out the window and stomp towards him as he's rubbing his face.

"What did I say?"

You stand over his arms crossed over you and raise an eyebrow.

It finally hits him and he groans.

"I didn't mean it like that. I meant it as why are you so freaking light?"

"Well you should've said that instead." And with that you pull your arm back again and Shikamaru shrinks, bracing himself for the impact.

You poked his forehead.

He opens his eyes and he sees you with a closed eyed grin on your face, your fingers still on the left side of his forehead.

He smiles softly back and gets up.

Both of you walk back to class, Iruka yelling at the students again and you just giggle.

You find a new spot next to Shikamaru.

You know that the two of you were gonna have a long and great relationship.

And boy, were you right.

-FLASHBACK FIN-FREAKING-ALLY ENDS-

Shikamaru smiles at the memory, still fidding with his fingers.

The relationship was great even though you guys had some bumps in the road.

But it was great.

So great in fact,

That you took the piercing of a sword that was meant for him.

HOLY SHIT SORRY FOR THE WAIT. I HAVE BEEN REALLY BUSY SO I DECIDED TO MAKE A LONG ONE *WITH* A GREAT CLIFFHANGER

anyways, hope you enjoy and I think about 2 more chapters are to come after this but it depends on where my mind takes me.

Seriously though, I'm making this up as I go along :33