The clouds sliently pass by as I'm screaming your name

He's on the floor.

You don't know if he's dead or not.

He's beaten up pretty bad, twitching ever so often.

You look up at the victor.

Shikamaru smirks and wipes his grimy face.

"Told you to never underestimate me. It was such a drag to come up with a highly intense strategy but in the end I won."

Shikamaru turns to you and nods, walking over and leaning down to pick you up.

"Not so fast..."

You and Shikamaru gasp and he turns around.

You began to tear up and curse.

Orochimaru stands up and opens his mouth.

Hands emerge, then a head and a torso finally come into view.

Orochimaru cackles and Shikamaru clenches his fists.

'Crap. I use up with whatever chakra I had left in that last fight.'

"You thought you won boy? I will admit that you are very intellegent for your age and you fought well, but this is the end for you!"

Orochimaru opens his mouth and a sword emerges. 

The tip of it is pointed at Shikamaru.

'Shit...what a drag. Why does it have to end like this.'

He turns to you, your eyes are as big as dinner plates and you look scared.

Shikamaru sighs and smiles sadly, "Sorry _____. I didn't want it to end like this but...take care of your self okay?" He almost whispers.

He looked up at the sky.

He didn't want to tell you.

You've already had too much pain to deal with.

He didn't even know if you felt the same way.

He didn't want to tell you he loved you.

Not yet at least...

Shikamaru closes his eyes as the rain drops roll down his face, washing away the dirt.

'Heh. Guess you can think of it as washing away all that I did too huh.'

He looks at Orochimaru  who grins and charges at him.

So this is it huh?

This is the end.

Sorry dad.

Guess I died before you at the ripe age of 16.

I won't ever beat you at shoji but I tried.

Sorry Mom.

I guess maybe I should've appreciated you more, since you did give birth to me.

Women are still troublesome though.

Sorry Choji.

It was great being your best friend and sticking by your side but, I wish I had done more.

Sorry Ino.

Take care of Choji for me. And don't try and make him lose weight. Help him have confidence. Don't lose to Sakura.

Sorry _____.

Well...there are a lot of things I'm proud of this. You help me a lot and even though we didn't get a long sometimes, it was still fun, even if it was really troublesome. I'm glad I met you, even if I did fall for a troublesome thing called love. I love you and I hope you carry on, even when I'm gone...