Chapter 3

After running out the door, I found the main room to be empty except for England. He was leaning against one wall, eyes closed and arms crossed.

He opened one eye when he heard me walk into the room. "If your actions with China cause him to get hurt again, I won't forgive you." I didn't know how to react. Did they all know? If they knew, did Russia also know? It wasn't even my fault! He kissed me! Not vice versa! My rant was cut short when England spoke again. "We're in Florida now. We arranged for Hungary to meet us at the airport. You are to go shopping with her and get clothes for you to wear. If, at any time, you decide you want to tell us what we want to know, you tell Hungary and she will tell us. Then you can go home." I nodded, grinning. I would finally get to meet the frying pan wielder.

Right now, I was going to construct a new closet, which was very important if I wanted to succeed in my new school. Soon the helicopter landed. I stepped out, following the rest of the countries. Russia was deep into a heated discussion with America on nuclear warfare, and I lagged in the back by myself. That is, until China and Japan joined me. Since countries were immortal, they also had rather strange healing properties, and so China's leg had already healed. China grabbed my right hand and Japan grabbed my left. They instantly began a heated staring contest over my head, as if to say, she's MINE. I knew that the two brothers didn't get along, but I didn't know they fought over people too!

I had to break up the fight. "Hey, you guys," I said breaking away from them and walking backwards to face them. "Let's, uh, sing a song." They looked at me as if I had gone insane. I wasn't sure if they would know the song, but it was worth a try.

"Marukaite chikyuu, Marukaite chikyuu..." They looked at each other, and to my surprise, joined in. Soon we were the loudest people in the group, all our hands joined, skipping happily and singing the ending theme to Axis Powers. Although I wasn't sure if that's what they called it.

"AHHHH! HITOFUDE DE MIERU SUBARUSHI SEKAI!"

"NAGAGUTSU DE KANPAI NA!"

Italy's voice rang out the highest. At some point in time during the song, all the nations, even Russia, had joined in.

"HETAAAAA~LIIIII~AAAAA~"

We were all laughing so hard by the time we reached the terminal that Hungary debated taking all of us for a drug test.

At the hotel we were to stay at, we all went our separate ways. China slipped a note into my hand that I crumpled and slipped into my pocket. I went to the room I was sharing with Hungary. I thought I had gotten to know her during the ride to the hotel, so when I saw her sitting on the bed with her head in her hands, I knew something was wrong. She was the strong-willed, independent, fiery lady with a caring heart and a great sense of humor. So why was she crying? "Eliza, what's wrong?" I asked, putting my arm around her. She looked up at me with tears streaming down her face and red-rimmed eyes. "It's-It's Gilbert and Roderich!"

This was a new one.

"Th-They're fighting over me and-and I li-like them both, b-but I don't know who t-to choose..."

She sniffed while I patted her back and handed her tissues.

"Austria-san is nice, and he cares about me. I know what to expect from him, and that gives an aura of safety. But when I'm with Prussia, there is always a sense of adventure. I never know what to expect, and that gives a thrill like no other. I crave that too. I don't know... choosing one over the other will break someone's heart, and half of mine too..."

She started crying all over again. I wish I knew how to cheer her up...

"Hungary... I wish I could comfort you, but I'm going through the same thing right now. China and Japan both seemed to develop romantic feelings for me in the space of three hours." She threw her head back and laughed a hearty laugh, but suddenly stopped. "Wait, did you say CHINA fell in love with you?"