Chapter 6

Yao was thrown off me in a flash. Ivan looked like he was ready to murder someone (newsflash: he was). I heard Yao's body hit the wall. Russia shifted his glare towards me.

The air around him was purple, his scarf waving in the air. I whimpered and crawled backwards away from him until my back hit the wall. There was nowhere to run. He leaned down and looked me straight in the eye, while opening his trench coat to reveal an array of knives, pipes, needles, a pickaxe, various guns, and that stupid, stupid faucet! Who the hell carries around all this stuff with them? Oh yeah, Russia.

Without speaking, he slowly pulled out the faucet and gripped it with two hands. I suddenly saw Yao rush over and try to hold Russia back.

"No, Ivan, please! It's my fault! You can't hurt her!" Ivan threw him off his arm. "No. She's going to die today. And then there will be no one left for you." He brought the pipe down with fury and stars filled my vision.

I let the darkness cover me.

***

When I awoke, I was in a dark warehouse. I looked across from me and saw Yao tied to a pole, tape covering his mouth. I released a breath. Ivan hadn't hurt him; yet. I rushed over to him, but he started shaking his head, desperately trying to get a message across. He paled, and only then I realized the message he was trying to get across.

Ivan was behind me, wasn't he?

I turned, and there he was, standing tall. He picked me up by the front of my shirt. "Why won't you just listen to me? All of this could have been avoided, da?" He smiled. "But now, you're just going to have to die." Dropping me on the ground, he walked over to Yao. "You just don't listen when I punish you, so I try something new, da? Maybe you finally break after you see her die in the most painful way possible."

Yao suddenly looked confused and then... frustrated? He started yelling again, but not because he was angry or sad.

He was annoyed.

Russia seemed curious as to what he had to say. "You want to speak, da?" China nodded furiously. As soon as Ivan took the tape off his mouth, he began to yell.

"AIYAH! She's a NATION, dammit!"

I scoffed. It seemed as if Yao had gone crazy. Ivan rolled his eyes, seemingly impassionate. But anyone with eyes could see that he was annoyed and disgruntled by this news.

England suddenly burst into the warehouse, and light flooded the room. He looked worried, scared, almost. As soon as he saw me however, he visibly relaxed.

England then turned to me. "You---"

"Can it!" I screamed. "I am so FED UP with all these lies! I've peacefully asked to go home multiple times, and now there's a crazy ass Russian trying to kill me! Call it what you want, this is nothing short of kidnapping!"

Arthur sighed. "Please, poppet, just listen to what I have to say. Your name is the Federal Republic of Nigeria. You are one hundred sixty-five years old. I am your father."

A pause.

"I don't know why you don't remember any of this," he added, with pain in his eyes.

As soon as those words came out of his mouth, a (painless) memory came rushing back to me.

"Oi."

"OI! Over here!"

A little girl opened her eyes to find a man with bushy eyebrows leaning over her. Another man holding a hamburger and a soda was standing at his side.