Chapter 5

Mulder wakes up strapped to a table where he tries to piece together what had happened. He was in the forest, there was a deafening screech, he heard Scully's voice... SCULLY!!! Where is she?! Is she okay?! Mulder frantically tried to look for Scully but he couldn't move. "Scully! Scully where are you?! I'll find you Scully!!" He cried, as if making a promise to himself that he will find her and they'll get out of here alive.

However in response to his cries, silence is all he can hear. Even after all his efforts to protect Scully, he's failing her now, at the crucial time where she needs protecting the most. He feels his eyes start to well up at the thought that Scully could be in so much pain and he can't help her or stop the pain from being inflicted on her. He'd put his own obsessions with aliens first and reduced his partner to second rank. What kind of a friend does that? A lousy one! Instead, he'd abandoned her and now he'd put her in more danger. He doesn't deserve a friend like Scully after the way he's treated her! "I'll find you Scully..." He repeats to himself before he once again slips into unconsciousness.

He came back to reality with a sharp pain entering the back of his skull, slowly spreading across his head. He didn't know for sure what was happening at first but it was only when he was plunged into a trance that he realised. Suddenly his memories begin to replay at high speed through his head.

His whole life was flashing before his eyes which made him very scared. He relived Samantha's abduction, the bullying in school with that nickname that followed him his entire life: Spooky Mulder. But now he could see Scully, the first day they met, the beginning of their amazing friendship and that brought a smile to his face. Mulder became distraught when he realised that all the good times he's had in his life would disappear and his most cherished feelings like his love for Scully would no longer be. What would he do without Scully? He wouldn't be able to cope!

For nearly 3 years now, Mulder has kept his love for Scully a secret. He always joked about the two if them being together but Scully never commented on it. She was always so beautiful and he loved to make fun of her height. All of these fun memories came flooding into Mulder's mind and he couldn't help but smile. "My Scully..." He allowed those words only to escape his mouth before screaming in pain.

A voice managed to creep into his head that gave him comfort. "Mulder! It's me, Dana! Where are you??" Scully? He's in too much pain to answer her but he's relieved that's she's okay and that she's still alive. He desperately tried to reply to her cries but doing so led to more excruciating pain.

"Sc-scully..." Mulder used the last of his energy to try and let Scully know where he was, so he didn't have to go through this alone. He'd been through so much with this remarkable woman and he wanted her to be there with him in what felt like his last moments...