Chapter 2: Unwanted

Who is that? Why does he look exactly like -

Ashton? My brother interrupted my thoughts. That's his Brother, Xavier. He just moved here a couple of nights ago...and lets just say Ash isn't all that happy.

Why not? There Brothers.

Just Because there Brothers doesn't mean anything. Betrayal can go a long way sis.

Yeah but its a bond Joshua. A bond that cant be broken. No matter what happens... I thought back, acting a bit defensive. Joshua gave me a questioning eyebrow.

"Sorry but I guess I've got to go" I said as I walked out of the cafeteria. I guess that explained Ashton's sudden absence. But why did I have this defensive feeling?

My brother stayed out of my thoughts this time. He seems to be caught up in his own just like me.

I walked through the hallways, conflicted with myself. Should I be mad that I never knew Ashton had a brother? And that he looked exactly like him. Well no I mean Me and Ashton haven't claimed each other as yet so i guess he has the right...right?

I suddenly walked into something really hard.

"Hey! Watch where your-" I stopped talking and it was as if the words were to scared to come out of my mouth. He was The same height as Ashton except his hair was dark and his eyes were greyish brown.

He hesitated Before speaking, I guess knowing who I am Already... But it wasn't that. It was as if he was side stepping his anger. "Next Time watch where your going." Xavier said as calmly as he walked around me, leaving my stuff on the floor. Well that was rude!

I picked up my books from the floor and sprinted to my locker and put them in. Something caught my attention. As I headed towards the sound I could make it out clearly. Who's yelling like that? I headed over to the boys locker room and listened from in the hall.

"You need to keep a low profile Xavier! We don't need a repeat of what happened last time!" I could tell It was Ashton. But why was he so frustrated. Just a minute ago he had on his sweet smile like he always does.

"Look if I need help, why would I ask you!? I can take care of myself!" Xavier yelled back. Why does he remind me of someone I know?

"Whatever. I'm just letting you know that its the past And I'm here if you need anything." Ashton said calming down.

"Whatever. Can I go Now?" and that was my cue I sprinted into the girls bathroom. I peacefully watched myself in the mirror.

There's something I forgot to tell you. Pure bloods can see there reflection, regular vampires cannot.

Anna walked in. She almost scared me. I was still flustered from my sprint. "And why is the Noble Styles so jumpy?" she said smoothly jumping up on the sink counter top.

"No reason. Just a run." I said trying to calm my thoughts and heart beat. "Why are you lying Avery?" She said looking at me straight in my eyes in such a innocent voice.

"Its Just this feeling Anna... And I cant shake it off..." I tried explaining. She's the only person I tell things to, not because she sugar quotes things but because she knows I don't say the whole truth but doesn't mind it.

"Hey, Don't fuss over it. Your feeling this because your just curious, probably because you've been longing for it, its new, or because of both. " She said sliding off the sink and exiting the bathroom. I hate it when she up and leaves like that.

She has her mothers power. Although we can all sense how each others feeling, they can tell why. However, sometimes its multiple reasons and not just one.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When I reached home everyone seemed busy.

Oh! Another thing I forgot to mention...haha sorry about that. I lived in a huge grey castle with a 100 rooms in total. 3 floors not Including the basement. The inside is lined with red carpet except for bedrooms, bathrooms, and the kitchen. Bedrooms are personally decorated, and the bathrooms and kitchen are black tiles. Every other room is like gaming, throne room, training, family, and etc.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mom was In dress fitting. Dad was brushing up on his studies and so was Joshua. The chefs are preparing dinner. The maids are last minute cleaning. "IS THERE EVER ANY PEACE OR STILLNESS IN THIS HOUSE!!!" I quickly covered my mouth as everyone stopped what they were doing and watched me. I was thinking out loud again. "Nothing to see here... Carry on" i said easing out of the family room into my room. I guess Music will just have to be my entertainment until dinner.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I woke up and looked over at my clock the time read '5:55' I groaned slightly at the music I forgot that was banging into my head. I pulled off my headphones and slowly got off my bed. I was still in my school clothes. I wasn't attending The party due to My fathers request.

I hopped in the shower and after about 5 minutes i turned it off.

Avery dinners in 10. My brother thought to me. I didn't bother to reply...after all he cant even sort through his own thoughts right now.

I dried myself off and slipped own a pink lace bra with matching underwear. I put on a white tank top,black leggings and my black bunny slippers. I put my hair up in a messy bun and headed downstairs.

I walked into the dinning room and everyone was so
Dressed up. "Um Dad, why are you in your good tux... And mom why are you in your favorite evening gown?" I Asked raising a much needed eyebrow.

"Sweety, didn't your brother tell you? Where having very important guest coming tonight" my mother said taking a seat at the end of the table.

"Members of the council. And now you've waisted time so you cant get changed. Take a seat, there almost here." my Dad said agitated.

I looked at my brother who casually walked down the stairs fixing the tie on his white crisp shirt. I pushed him into the living room.

"Why didn't you tell me we were going to have visitors?!" I said. I wasn't mad because i wasn't dressed right but at least i could've known.

"I did tell you... When I told you when dinner was going to be ready" he said brushing me off.

"You idiot!, i cant here your thoughts if your conflicting with them" I said and he sighed.

"I've had a lot on my mind. Now go to the table and act decent for once." he said pushing past me.

I sat down at the table next to by brother and waited and listened as my father opened the door for our guest.

"Good evening Mr. Reaves. Its good to see you and your Son. Xavier its good to see you"

What did my father just say?