Chapter 8: A leader But no Crown

"... Alright, We'll make sure To have round clock security around and in the castle. We'll handle everything else" Mr. Reaves said. I looked over at Xavier and he had the same bored expression like he always did. "What If one of them end up being part of the security?" I asked. "Dont worry. Xavier Himself will Be there." Ms. Clover said assuring me not to worry. Xavier looked at me and his eyed were a gloomy grey. Like how the sky looks before it was about to rain. They were filled with Compassion but worry as well. He smiled softly but soon went back to his normal bored expression. However, Something told that it wasn't because of this situation now.

There was still no doubt in my mind that the people trying to kill my father would make sure to be apart of that security tonight. And If you haven't guess yet, I don't never second guess myself. Right or wrong I follow my heart and mind, and sometimes ignore the logical answer. I cant help it... Logical just isn't my style.

"For now just go home and pretend as if Everything's normal. My king, Your In safe hands." Ms. Clover said as she dismissed us. Why is dad so quiet? And you know even if he was in trouble he could take care of himself... He could take on an army if he had to. So why be so cautioned about a small thing like this? Something isn't right.

I excused myself and went out onto the porch. I felt a hands wrap around my waist and chuckled softly. "I wouldn't worry If I were you" He said holding me tighter.

"But its My father-

"Exactly. Its your Father. So stop worrying." All of a sudden the mood changed. He let go of me and i turned around. He backed away into the darkness so you could only see half his face. His eyes Turned into a pitch black. He chuckled so softly...so calmly...so evil... It sent chills up my spine and back down again. He cocked his head "Becoming Weak are you ?" He twitched up a smirk. "What? What would make you think that ?" I said a bit confused. How could he go from Compassionate and worried, to Insanely evil and creeped in a second?  "Weak little avery, So scared...So Vulnerable."

"Stop It! I-I Am Not... Weak!" I felt as if i was doubting my strength, doubting my power and that is not me. I felt like i was being...As if i was...Controlled? "Poor Little Avery... Daddy's little girl..." He faked a frown. I Felt my face fall into my hands and a Tear Fell From my eye "Stop It"

Avery!? Avery!? Get Up ! I Heard A voice in My Head. Get Up Avery! This isn't you! Then it hit me. This isnt me. I Lifted my face up from my hands and noticed it....in his face. I walked up slowly to him and cupped his face and looked directly in his eyes "Xavier, This isn't you. Fight it. " I Said. Sometimes he doesn't have control of his power just like me but... his is different. His likes taking advantage of a situation and flipping it around. I felt Him ease and he looked at me in... fear? "Im Sorry Princess...I dont know how.. or why that happened... Im still getting used to controlling it." He said grabbing my hand softly. "No need for apologies." I said smiling.

"Sis?" My Brother opened the slide doors. I perked my head u over Xaviers shoulder. " Come on, Where going home." He said demanding.

 "Ill Take her don't worry about it" Xavier said turning around and holding me behind him as if he was defending me.

 "Who says Im worrying?" My brother said challenging him. "I did. Have a problem?" Xavier said squeezing my arm a little bit. He was getting angry, I felt it...literally. 

"Do I have to remind you who you are talking to ? "

"How could I forget?" Xavier snapped back. 

"You seemed too a Couple of seconds ago."

"And what are you gonna do about it?" I heard Xavier's hiss and it was threatening. I saw My brothers eyes turn electric blue, like how mines turn when Im furious.

You need to calm down. I thought to him

His eyes dashed to mine for a quick second then focused on Xavier's. He completely ignored me. 

I placed the palms of my hands on Xavier's back and slowly wrapped them around his waist. I felt him ease. Did my touch really just do that?

"Im Taking her home." He said finally daring my brother to challenge him again. And I had a feeling the next time wont be so pleasant. My brother walked back inside furious. Was my brother really scared of Xavier? If so, How far does his power really reach? And did my touch really just calm him down ? 

Could he possibly Claim me as His?

A/N- A bit Short. And I haven't published in a while Please, Please forgive me. You definitely cannot rely on androids but hey... Im Back !!!!!!! XD Updating weekly ( A chapter a week)  The next chapter will be longer promise xoxo Nya.