chapter one - new

"Motel one," Michael spoke, driving into the parking lot.

"You just drove eight hours non stop. Last time I was with you, you couldn't even drive for eight seconds," Luke said.

Michael shrugged. "Four years is a long time." And with that, he got out of the car.

Michael walked to the office of the motel and up to the desk. "A room for one night, please," He said.

Luke came up behind him and wrapped his strong arms around Michael's small waist. "You're right, princess, four years is a long time."

"I'm guessing one king?" The lady behind the desk said, glancing at the two emotionless.

"That would be lovely," Luke answered.

The lady handed them a key and Michael took out a wad of money from his pocket and counted out fifty. He handed the money to her, mumbled "keep the change" and walked away with Luke. 

"Where'd you get all that money?" Luke asked, sitting on the bed.

"I worked for those four years and didn't spend a dime. Riley helped me save up as well. I also robbed my parents," Michael answered and pulled out his wallet. "I only have two thousand on me in cash." He tossed three bank cards onto the bed. "The rest is on these." He tossed down another three. "And these three are yours."

"Holy shit, Michael," Luke said, looking at the cards.

Michael picked his three up and put them back. "Take them," He urged.

Luke put them into his wallet and tossed his wallet on a chair. He reached out and pulled Michael down on top of him and laid back. 

"I would pop open a champagne bottle and say 'to us' but I didn't have any money until now," Luke said, his face inches away from Michaels. 

"To us," Michael whispered and connected his lips onto Luke's.

They stayed like that, laying on each other and kissing slowly. That was until Luke got a little antsy and flipped Michael over.

The next morning Michael had already showered and was packing up the stuff that had left their almost empty bags. Luke rolled over in bed and stretched, looking at his loved one.

"What are you doing?" He asked. "Come back to bed, love, we have all the time in the world."

"We actually don't," Michael said, zipping up the bag. "Check out is in twenty minutes and besides, we have to go shopping for all the necessities."

"Mm, fine," Luke hummed and got out of bed. 

Michael's eyes found Luke's naked body and he licked his lips. 

"Take a picture, princess, it'll last longer," Luke winked and pulled on his boxers.

Michael walked to Luke and wrapped his arms around his waist. "Why would I when it's all mine?"

Luke removed the boy from his body and finished getting dressed. "Because, darling, check out is in twenty minutes."

With another wink, Luke was out of the room with the bags. Michael pressed his lips together and followed Luke, closing the door behind him. Luke had decided to drive and they drove until they found a Walmart, which took an hour. 

They walked in, hand in hand, and Luke got a cart. "Hop in," Luke said.

Michael looked at Luke like he was insane. "You've got to be kidding me."

Luke nudged Michael. "C'mon. Do it, like last time."

Michael remembered last time he got into a cart when he was with Luke. He happened to fall out when Luke got a little crazy with it. But this time, Luke looked a little too determined to get him in the cart, so he climbed in and hung his legs over the edge. 

"I'm too big for it," Michael pouted.

"You're fine," Luke said and walked into the store.

"But I'm not! We're not going to pile our stuff on me!" Michael argued.

"Shush, sweetheart," Luke said as he turned into the toy section. 

Michael huffed. "Lucas!" He whined. "We're not here for toys."

Luke grabbed a ball and started bouncing it. "Why not?" He asked, tossing the ball into the cart, making it land on Michael's stomach.

Michael struggled to sit up and throw the ball back at Luke. Luke dodged it and it ended up bouncing and knocking over a clothing rack. Luke started laughing and Michael just huffed and wiggled some more, trying to get out of the cart.

He sat up well enough where he could jump out but the cart decided to tip over, causing both Michael and itself to collapse to the floor.

"Shit!" Luke said, rushing over to where Michael is. 

"I'm fine," Michael said, annoyed and tried to stand up, but instead his shirt got caught on the cart causing him to fall again.

Luke covered his mouth, trying not to laugh but when Michael bursted out with laughter, so did Luke. Luke held out his hand and helped Michael up then picked the cart back up. 

"No more carts for me," Michael pouted.

Luke laughed. "Okay, no more carts."

Luke went back and tossed a ball into their shopping cart. "We don't need that!" Michael cried, but Luke ignored him.

Michael started walking one way with the cart, but Luke went the other. When Michael noticed Luke wasn't with him, he looked around. Then Luke walked around with a water gun in his hand.

"We need this too," Luke said placing it in the cart.

"We don't need a water gun!" Michael laughed.

Luke placed his hand over Michael's mouth. "Shh, sweetheart, we need a water gun." 

Michael rolled his eyes and kept walking and Luke kept adding useless shit to their cart. Michael was relieved when they finally reached the grocery section of the store so Luke could stop piling the cart with everything they didn't need. He was worse than a child in a toy store. 

They went through the food section, and to Michael's guilt, they both added food they definatly didn't need. But what's a road trip without junk food?

They ended up leaving the store with a bunch of junk, useless toys and random items, but thankfully they had some useful toiletries and some healthy foods. They packed the car to where it was full and slammed the trunk shut.

Before Michael could get into the car, Luke pushed him against it. Michael looked up at Michael.

"Here's to forever, to a new us, to a new life," Luke whispered and leaned down, planting a deep kiss on Michael's lips.

Michael pulled back breathlessly. "To a new, and better life." 

HELLO. Welcome back! I'm excited for this, but until I get it more planned out, I'm not going to add it to my update schedule. Even tho I chose the sequel, I'm still going to a crime series. Book two in the series will probably be Cashton but it's not going to be published until some things are wrapped up. Thanks for coming back!