chapter two - everything

Luke and Michael arrived in a new town at a new motel later that night. Michael was about to walk into the office when Luke grabbed his arm.

"Where are you going?" Luke asked.

"To check us in?" Michael questioned.

"Why check us in when we have all these new toys to play with?" Luke asked.

Michael rolled his eyes playfully. "Luke, we need to check in, but after."

Luke pouted but followed the boy into the office.

"Good evening, gentleman," The lady behind the desk said.

"Good evening," Michael said with a wide smile.

Luke just nodded at her and looked around the store part of the office.

"Two queen beds?" She asked.

That caught Luke's attention, making him walk over to her. "No, one king would be fine," Luke said, wrapping his arms around the smaller boy and kissing his cheek.

"My apologies," She said and got them a key.

"It's alright, ma'am," Michael said kindly . "We get it all the time."

Luke swayed back and forth as he held Michael in his arms with his chin on his head. The lady handed them their key and Michael paid and walked out the door.

"What a bitch," Luke commented.

Michael pulled away from Luke and glared at him. "She was sweet!"

Luke scoffed. "Who offers a gay couple two queens?"

"Luke! She didn't know," Michael whined. 

Luke just shook his head and walked over to the trunk, Michael following close behind. 

"So, they have a pool, how about a water gun fight?" Luke asked, pulling out their new water guns.

"It's almost one in the morning," Michael said.

"Exactly," Luke smirked.

Michael shrugged. "Alright."

***

As the boys were in the pool, laughing and screaming and overall having a good time, it started pouring. Michael squealed.

"We're going to get soaked!" Michael giggled. 

"We're already soaked, darling, we're in a pool," Luke chuckled.

"Oh yeah," Michael mumbled, blushing.

"Come on, let's go inside," Luke said and got out of the pool.

Michael got out too and picked up his towel, making Luke laugh. "That's not going to help, sweetheart."

Michael just stuck his tongue out and followed Luke back to the motel door. Michael stopped when he heard a noise from behind the fence that was around the pool.

"Princess, you coming?" Luke asked.

"Shh!" Michael shushed as he looked towards where the sound was. It was silent again. "I thought I heard something."

"Come on, it was probably an animal, you don't want to catch a cold," Luke said, rushing Michael.

Michael nodded and walked into the motel. They changed out of their wet clothes and Luke put on boxers while Michael put on a pair of panties and one of Luke's shirts. They laid on the bed and Michael nuzzled up to Luke, shivering.

"I'll keep you warm, beautiful," Luke whispered softly, wrapping his arms around Michael.

Michael closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep in no time. Luke on the other hand, had trouble. So instead, he just laid there and stared at the boy in his arms.

"I love you, Michael. So much," He whispered, even though he knew Michael couldn't hear him.

But Luke didn't care. Michael already knew that he was Luke's everything and nothing could take Michael away from Luke.

:-)