chapter nine - loved

"This can't be happening! Michael did not leave me!" Luke yelled, chucking the pillow across the room.

"Luke calm down," Ashton said.

"Michael loved me. His note said I love you! If he loved me why did he leave me!" Luke shouted, punching the wall.

"Luke, sit down," Calum said.

Luke rubbed his now sore hand. "Why does he have a phone with a number from Mexico?"

"Luke," Ashton sighed.

"I need answers!" Luke yelled, looking at them. "He loved me!"

"Love is a crazy thing," Calum sighed.

"How the hell would you know?" Luke shouted. "You've been with Ashton since you could walk!"

"It hasn't been that long," Ashton shrugged.

"Shut up," Luke groaned. "Just shut up!"

"Luke, you really need to calm down," Calum said.

"You need to shut up! Let me think!" Luke screamed.

Calum and Ashton listened and shut their mouths. Luke sat on the couch this time instead of the floor. He ran his hand through his hair.

"Could he even get to Mexico in the time he's been gone?" Luke asked.

"It's possible," Ashton answered.

"Why Mexico? He never mentioned Mexico to me," Luke mumbled.

Calum watched Luke's facial expressions as he thought. Luke stood up again causing Calum and Ashton to look at him in sync.

"This can't be happening!" Luke yelled.

"But it is," Calum mumbled.

Luke turned to look at Calum, his fist clenched. Calum ducked into Ashton, afraid of being punched. Luke groaned and walked to the other side of the room.

"He loved me, but now he left me?" Luke questioned to more himself than anyone else.

"Luke," Ashton said.

Luke looked at Ashton. Ashton noticed the darkness under his eyes and the redness in them. He sighed, Luke was going to stress himself out so badly and end up in the hospital if they didn't find this boy. Ashton looked at Calum who was also examining Luke's face.

"I don't understand," Luke whispered, taking his original spot on the floor.

"Maybe you should take a nap," Ashton suggested.

"I am not sleeping until I get answers," Luke grumbled.

Ashton sighed, he had nothing. Calum sighed in response. 

"We have to do something, we can't just let him live like this," Calum mumbled to Ashton.

"I know, but what are we supposed to do? We've been crammed in this motel room for so long now and we have nothing," Ashton said.

"I know, but there has to be something," Calum shrugged.

Ashton sighed and pulled his laptop to him, opening it. 

Luke ran his hand through his hair and sighed. He laid his head on the wall behind him and closed his eyes. He thought maybe if he got five minutes of rest, he could come up with something. He started to drift off but was startled when he phone started buzzing in his pocket.

Luke took the phone out quickly and checked the number. He didn't recognize it, but something was telling him to answer it, so he did.

"Hello?" Luke spoke quietly into the phone.

There was a pause.

"Luke..." Someone on the other end breathed out, in barely a whisper. It was Michael.

"Michael?" Luke said quickly. "Where are you? What's going on?"

There was silence again, followed by a bang of a door and muffled yelling.

And then the line went dead.

I hope this isn't boring.