chapter seven - track it

"Track it!" Luke yelled, throwing his phone at Ashton.

"Calm down," Calum said, standing up and walking to Luke.

"I won't fucking calm down until we find Michael!" Luke screamed, shoving Calum into the beside table causing a lamp to fall over and smash. 

Ashton and Calum looked at Luke in shock as Calum stood, up regaining his balance.

"You alright?" Ashton asked Calum.

Calum nodded and sighed, brushing himself off.

"Luke," He said gently. "Sit down, we'll track the number."

Luke sighed and took a seat beside Ashton. Ashton moved over giving Luke a little more space and took his phone. He looked at Luke.

"I need the password," Ashton said.

"Zero, nine, two, six," Luke said quietly.

Calum took a seat on the couch. "Does it have meaning? You look like you're about to throw up."

"It's the day I took Michael out of school," Luke mumbled.

Calum sighed softly and Ashton looked at the number. It took him a minute until he spoke up.

"The number is from Mexico," Ashton said.

Luke looked at him quickly. "It's not Mexico."

"That's what the area code is," Ashton sighed. "Look."

Luke looked at the screen. "There's no way he's in Mexico. You can't drive there that fast, he's not that far."

"How do you know it was Michael on the other end?" Calum asked.

"I know because I know how he sounds when he breathes, Cal. If you sat on a phone with just Ashton breathing, would you know it was him?" Luke snapped.

"Yeah, I guess," Calum shrugged.

"Exactly. It was Michael, but he is not in Mexico," Luke said.

"Did you call the number again?" Ashton asked.

Luke shook his head and Calum stood up. He took the phone and handed it to Luke. "Do it." Luke took the phone and clicked the number. He held it to his ear and it rang once and went straight to voicemail.

"You have reached the mailbox from the number 55 5623 9804, please leave your message after the beep."

Luke sighed and waited for the beep.

"I don't know who the fuck you are, where you are, what you are, but whatever you do, watch out. You have my Michael and I won't stop until you are found. And once I find you, you're going to regret ever taking the boy in the first place."

This was shitty, I apologise. :-)