Chapter eight - stop

Luke, Ashton and Calum spent the rest of the week driving around the city, checking as many security cameras as they could without getting the police involved and calling the number. They were back in the motel room now and Ashton was on the computer trying to map out where they have been and possible places Michael could be.

Calum was in the shower, he and Luke had just gotten back from some more driving and he hadn't showered in a few days.

Luke was back in his position on the floor. He barely had slept the past couple of weeks and he just felt sick. He was scared to sleep though, if he fell asleep he could miss something and lose Michael forever.

Calum walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist and he looked over at Luke.

"You should take a shower, it might help you feel better," Calum suggested. 

"I can't," Luke said, tapping his knee. "I might miss something."

"Luke, Ashton and I will keep an ear out an eye out and everything else out for anything that comes up. You can take a five minute shower," Calum explained.

"Promise?" Luke asked, looking up at the kiwi boy sadly. 

"I promise, Luke," Calum nodded.

Luke sighed and stood up on his feet. He walked into the bathroom and turned on the water. He wasn't going to lie, the shower helped him clear his thoughts for a moment and give him a break, but he was still so nervous that he only took a three minute shower.

He stepped out, dried off and got dressed again. He left the bathroom and looked at Calum hopefully. Calum just shook his head from his place next to Ashton who was typing away on the computer.

Luke sighed and sat back on the floor. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. Luke laid his head down on his knee and closed his eyes. He started to doze off but his phone dinged from across the room, causing his head to shoot up.

Calum and Ashton looked at Luke when it went off. Luke stood up slowly and walked across the room and picked up his phone.

"Read it out loud," Ashton said.

Luke let his eyes travel over the message and he shakily sat down.

"Luke, this is Michael. I want you to stop looking for me. I'm not in any trouble, I left for personal reasons. I love you, and I will always love you. I'm just texting you to let you know that you can stop worrying, because I know that's something you do a lot. I am perfectly fine and living in good conditions. You can continue on with your life, and once again, please don't look for me. I do not want to see you," Luke read aloud, shaking.

"What?" Calum questioned, like he didn't believe him.

"That's insane," Ashton said.

Luke shook his head. "But why? He made a promise we would see the world together, why would he just stop?"

"Well," Calum shrugged. "Love sucks."

Check out my new story Lost Boy ;)