chapter five - think

Luke paced around the room.

"What the hell are we going to do?" He asked.

"We're going to call the police," Ashton answered.

"No!" Luke yelled.

"Why not?" Calum asked, looking at Luke weirdly.

"Because! I was just arrested for "kidnapping" him. They're going to think it was me! I can't get involved with police, I already have a record," Luke sighed and sat on the bed.

"Well, there's nothing else we can do," Calum sighed softly.

Luke stood up and grabbed Calum's shirt and tugged him close.

"What the hell do you mean there's nothing we can do? We have to do something," Luke yelled at Calum.

Ashton pulled Luke back. "Calm down!"

"I'm not going to calm down. My fucking boyfriend was kidnapped!" Luke yelled.

"Luke, just breathe, we'll do something about it," Ashton spoke, placing his hand on Luke's arm.

Luke took a seat on the bed. "We fucking better," he muttered.

Ashton sat next to him. "We will, we just need to stop and think about it for a minute."

"I-I can't think," Luke said, breaking down. "I need him back, I need him back now."

Calum sighed and sat on the other side of Luke and wrapped his arm around Luke.

"Michael was a strong boy, he'll be okay, we will find him," Calum soothed.

"He was not a fucking strong boy!" Luke yelled. "He grew up in a shitty part of town with shitty parents and he couldn't fucking enjoy life! He never learnt to be strong because his life was so fucked up! That's why we left, to get away, to start a new life, and now it's just all wrong, I fucked up!"

"This isn't your fault, Luke," Ashton sighed.

"But it is! If I wasn't such a heavy sleeper or if I just stayed awake or if I protected him like I promised it would all be okay!" Luke argued.

"You didn't know this was going to happen," Calum said.

Luke just sighed and gave up arguing. 

"What about the camera's? This motel has got to have camera's," Ashton said.

Luke stood up. "Right!" 

With that, Luke ran out of the door, Ashton and Calum following close behind. He hurried into the office and to the desks.

"Do you guys have camera's?" Luke asked quickly.

"Top shelf, fifth aisle," the lady said, referring to their store.

Ashton stepped up to the counter. "Security camera's."

"Oh!" The lady responded. "We did, until last night."

"What happened last night?" Luke asked.

"They all just broke down and stopped working last night, the kids of the town seem to always mess with them," The lady shrugged. "We're getting them fixed right now."

"Shit," Luke muttered.

"Is this an emergency? Do we need to get the police involved?" The lady said, worried now.

"No!" Luke said quickly and left.

"Thank you," Ashton said to the lady and followed close behind Luke.

"We're screwed!" Luke yelled as they walked into the motel room. He sat on the floor and looked at the two.

"We're not going to give up," Calum said.

Luke shook his head.

"I'm going to find Michael, no matter what it takes." Luke said. "Even if it's the last thing I do."