Chapter 7

Tyler slowly drove back onto the highway, but eventually caught up to speed and watched closely for cops. Tyler was getting quite annoyed with people in general. Everything was pissing him off, including the nearby drivers. They were all driving slowly and even a few forgot to use their blinkers. Eventually he turned on to exit 47 and headed for the hospital.

He turned into the hospitals emergency room and told the service desk lady his dad's name and asked for his room number and was directed accordingly. Once he reached the room, he saw his mom sitting outside the closed door. She was already weeping, and as soon as she saw Tyler she bawled and opened her arms for a hug.

"They won't let me in and they...they won't tell me what's going on.."

She kept crying, her face as red as a tomato. Tyler held her close and they remained this way for quite some time. After 15 minutes or so, a doctor came out with a little pep in his step and a little bit of sadness in his eyes.

"Hello Mrs. Debard, I'm doctor Russo and this is your son I'm assuming."

"Yes, now tell me what the fuck is going on before I fully freak out"

"I'm afraid that your husband is...well, how do I put this, no longer with us. We lost him during a blood transfusion. We didn't get to him fast enough..your daughter, however, is fine and recovering well from both her injuries and her heroin overdose."

And with that, Tylers mom fell to the ground with her face in her palms. Tyler was so shocked that he just stared off into space and was unresponsive. He felt his heart break, again, except this time worse.

"Do you want.."

"Can we have a minute please?"

"Sure thing" and with that Dr. Russo walked away.

"God fucking your sister is a dumbass! I can't believe that she would drive right after using"

"Mom, I already told you that she doesn't give a flying fuck. All she cares about is shooting it up and feeling numb to reality."

"Well reality is going to bite her hard in the ass if it hasn't already. She killed her father and I hope she feels 100% guilty. I'm kicking her out, she's a danger to everyone." And with that she stormed off.

Tyler then walked over to the room that he saw Dr. Russo enter.

"Dr. Russo, am I allowed to visit my sister in her room?"

"Go ahead! She is fine. In fact, she could probably leave tomorrow morning. She is in the room right next to where your dads was. I am sorry for your loss."

"Okay! Thank you." And with the Tyler went to go gallop to her room, but during the act he felt his phone buzz. He decided to take a seat at a bench nearby.

Sally: Tyler, I'm really sorry..I heard about the news and I just really hope we can hang out because I miss you.

Tyler: Okay, when?

Sally: Tonight, at my house. My parents are gone so we have the house to ourselves.

Tyler: What about Dex?

Sally: Idk anymore. Just promise me you'll come over

Tyler: What time?

Sally: Whenever

Tyler: Okay, I'll he there in a hour