Pretend

He doesn't know how it happened, they were just running around on the beach when they ended up tripping and landing on each other.

It sounds like some stupid movie or book type of first kiss, something that would start drama and stuff like that.

Who knew something like that could actually happen. They had never even felt any attraction until that moment. Until the precise moment when they had both been claimed, then they were like magnets.

He had been the one on top, the one who fell and caused the other to fall. He had his hands on either sides of the person beneath him, trying to get up but failing repeatedly. Until the one on the bottom finally looked him in the eyes and initiated it. He leaned up, causing him to lean down.

And any one could guess what happened afterwords. Thing is, no one pulled away. No one acted like if was an accident. They kept kissing, innocent kissing, nothing more than that other than arms wrapping around bodies to get a better hold.

He had been the one to pull away first. To look into the others eyes and blink, not knowing why this had happened, hating himself for wanting it to happen again.

They kept looking at each other, burning from the inside out wondering why this happened now, why they had never felt any sort of attraction towards each other until now, until they had someone already. And they each hated themselves for it.

They sat up normally, still looking at each other. No one had dared to speak, afraid they would cross another line and say something they wouldn't regret, but wouldn't be able to live up to due to someone being in the way.

He sighed and stood up, helping the other up as well. They walked to their cars, not speaking a word, even to trying to hide their breathing. They reached the cars.

Who to think, best friends who never felt any emotions other than brotherly love, had just one kiss change everything. One. Single. Kiss. Ruined a lot for them, but maybe,

Maybe made everything better.

But no.

They stick to it being ruined.

"Let's just pretend,

That this never happened."