Demi Charmed: Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Sounds Good

“Class, this is Miss Demi Mansen she is our new student. Demi, will you tell us a little about yourself?”

“Um,” Demi smiled uncomfortably. Nobody liked to be put on the spot. “Sure. Okay, I just moved here, I love animals, and I…don’t know how to swim.”

It was awkward to stand in front of a room of your new peers and have to randomly pull a few facts about you that will make you sound like an okay person. It made Demi feel self-conscious, even though she knew she had no reason to be; she looked great in her jeans and plain, white, A-line T-shirt. She had found the beautiful blue necklace that reminded her of Wyatt and wore it today.

Why do teachers do this, time after time again? It is a totally typical move and it’s been done so many times that it should just be outlawed to do this.

“Okay, sounds good,” The teacher smiled. “Okay, now, class, take out To Kill a Mockingbird, and read four chapters and take notes. You will turn in the notes at the end of class and they will be taken for points.”

Glancing across the room, Demi only saw one person she recognized, Wyatt. He was sitting there and paying attention. The teacher, Ms. Cunningham, looked at her seating chart.

“Miss Mansen, we go by alphabetical order here, so you go next to,” She looked over her sheet. Demi couldn’t help but look over the teacher’s shoulder. When she did, she saw something that shocked her. The three peoples’ names were moving on the page. Demi looked up and saw Wyatt waving his hand like a witch does when they preform magical acts. “So you will sit next to Mr. Halliwell,” The teacher wrote Demi’s name on the sheet.

Demi didn’t question the teacher; she just walked over to her desk and pulled out the copy of To Kill a Mockingbird from under her desk. Her gaze wandered over to Wyatt, he had looked away and pretended to whistle innocently.

Very nonchalant, Demi thought sarcastically.

The teacher then turned to some lengthy romance novel with a cover that was a little controversial for public school, which made Demi remember that she had been wondering why the Halliwells went to public school. Wouldn’t they go to magic school? Kyle had told Demi of magic school and she recently learned that Leo (Wyatt, Chris, and Melinda’s dad) ran magic school.

Demi turned to the first page of her book. She had read this story last year in English Honors I class, but she really enjoyed the story and didn’t mind re-reading it for English Honors II. However, when I turned to the first page, it was not Harper Lee’s words on the page; it was Wyatt Halliwell’s.

Wyatt: Are you okay? You seem a little flustered.

Demi looked at Wyatt. He had a paper next to him that he had written his message on. He had used some sort of enchantment to make it go to Demi’s book. Demi pulled out a piece of paper from the new notebook Paige had given her.

Demi: I’m fine. It’s just first day jitters I guess.

Wyatt: Ah, well, I do know two new things about you. Do you really not know how to swim?

Demi: I don’t. I never got around to learning how.

Wyatt: We’ll just have to find a way to fix that. Chris is on the swimming team, maybe he’ll teach you.

Demi: I doubt it. You seem to forget that he doesn’t care for me so much.

Wyatt: He’s a good guy. He’s over protective. You were right when you called him a guard dog. That’s Chris, our personified German Shepard.